Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Nanes
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I ran a Geeklist auction, and I wanted to make sure BGG gets the cut of any RPG items on the list, how do I set up the item so it can go through the system? Right now, "Sell a Game" under the Marketplace only looks for Board Games, not RPG items, even though the RPG items have their own listings.

Any help is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
One workaround is to list it under a "generic" entry on BGG (like Misc Game Book)

If you are selling a lot of items then the easiest thing to do, rather than making individual items for each, is to make a single Marketplace listing under Misc Game Accessories for the grand total of all the paid winning bids. Send me the link to that listing and I'll "buy" it. We can click through the rest of the sale process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McDrunk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also figure out what the 3% equals and then use the Support BGG link at the bottom of every page and use Other Amount to select what you owe. Would that work? It might be easier than setting up a market place listing instead of contacting Octavian (whom I'm sure has plenty on his plate daily and you'd get a few GG back).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Nanes
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome suggestions. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
mcdrunk wrote:
You might also figure out what the 3% equals and then use the Support BGG link at the bottom of every page and use Other Amount to select what you owe. Would that work? It might be easier than setting up a market place listing instead of contacting Octavian (whom I'm sure has plenty on his plate daily and you'd get a few GG back).

We actually prefer that it be done through the Marketplace. One reason is that commissions and site support is handled differently for accounting purposes. And I certainly don't mind doing my small part in helping facilitate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McDrunk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
mcdrunk wrote:

We actually prefer that it be done through the Marketplace. One reason is that commissions and site support is handled differently for accounting purposes. And I certainly don't mind doing my small part in helping facilitate it.

Good to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.