Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Myers
United States
Warwick
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a new 30 cal MG team and looked at the gunner card.

His ranges are

close -1 inch
short 0 squares
long 0 squares
use hit (not hit+)

This gunners name is blankley, I get the joke that he is shooting blanks and can't hit anything... but not a very useful card esp for a important weapon like a LMG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must be a coincidence, I have been assured that all names are genuine and no LBG internal jokes even for Frankfurter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an expiry date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Myers
United States
Warwick
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Already got an answer back and a replacement card in the works. Didn't expect it that quick! Great customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J Schaffner
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, you have a collector's item here for sure (and one sad Sad Sack)! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christ Blankley!!! You couldn't hit the side of a barn if you were locked inside the thing! And that's with a full belt of ammo and a T&E locked tripod!!!! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY PLATOON SCUMBAG!!

Nice card. Keep it to play on unsuspecting 'friends'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoamas wrote:
Already got an answer back and a replacement card in the works. Didn't expect it that quick! Great customer service.

Lucky you, my .30 cal arrived a month after ordering it , it's stats were as bad as yours and like yours all the cards Hit Checks were misses. So totally unuseable. I emailed Jeff but alas no reply.

I had sort of hoped he would reply a new set of cards is on the way. Previously mailing Jeff has been the way to get a response, I did so within 30 minutes of seeing him post on here.

I was going to treat it as a glitch on his generation system and not even mention it here but as you got a reply by airing it in public I hope this tactic works for me.

I also got a Seargent with 3 card sforcing him to drop a grenade on himself, not an issue as I wont give him any grenades on the slim chance I have to play it as an Action, I guess he can get his squad to follow him anywhere just not to close.

As the blue square actions only take effect when played as one of the three "story" actions you do have a degree of control over playing them . although sometimes you will not have a choice. Perhaps it would be better for them to "activate" whenever they are played even as hit checks or hit resolution. They are pretty rare although a seargent who can't safely handle grenades does seem a bit odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Myers
United States
Warwick
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I got a reply by e-mailing LBG. The reply I got back was that most of them would be out of the office for the rest of the week. Then I got a reply from Jeff saying he would take care of it. I can understand your frustration with the time involved to get the products to you, but it seems to be a problem with the 30 cal gunners. Jeff said he would take care of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a reply from Jeff , he will deal and check any .30 cal soldiers in process and that have been despatched. He did not say he would replace the cards, I am assuming he will.

No one at LBG was available to help and I received a reply at the same time as Jeff's from their bookeeper saying Jeff and Debbie had been out of Town all week.

Hopefully I will hear from someone to say new cards are on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had about 16 to 20 .30 caliber gunners shipped that had a bug. The cards are regenreated and will be ready to ship on Tuesday or Wednesday. Contact Sales@lostbattalion.com and we will replace the soldier right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the MG scuplts American and German have an actual MG weapon. Looking at some of the pictures it doesn't seem that they have the actual MG (.30 cal or MG42) weapons with the sculpt is that correct? Looking at the FAA facebook page - saw some machinegunners in prone pose with weapon? Is that an option for the sculpt or something in the future?

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the entire line of course, but the figures that I have seen DO have actual MGs. They are mostly being carried, versus someone being prone in a firing position. But they do have the guns. (And the US MG team includes a figure carrying a tripod.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you post some pictures of the MG teams? I've seen some but they are from overhead. Thanks.

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at my two roll call videos the US and German Machinegunners are carrying there weapons.

Zimmermann MG42 and Kuster MG assist carrying ammo about 1 min 50 in to Roll call 1 and Garner .30 cal and Blake carrying tripod about 34 seconds in to Roll call 2 link in post for roll call 1

Garner has been retrained and fully capable. His new cards arrived on Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus McEachran
Scotland
West Kilbride
North Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
Can you post some pictures of the MG teams? I've seen some but they are from overhead. Thanks.

T-Mo

I posted pictures of my MG gunners from overhead so that the cards were easily readable: I wanted to give people a look at the action card system, rather than show off the miniatures, which were really just there as decoration!

I will try to get some new pictures up that focus on the miniatures, hopefully I will get the time tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.