Subject: suggestions for some good zombie games??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joseph marin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
new to modern board gaming, i love zombies! just wanted everyones suggestions for some good zombie games???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
You might get better recommendations if you can tell us what you like or dislike in games. That being said, Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game if a very fun beer-and-pretzels game. Nicely produced, a good amount of luck, semi-cooperative, and plays up to 8 players.

Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Kid
United States
Saratoga Springs
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies!!!

Here is a written review: http://www.shutupshow.com/post/10431240958/review-zombies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some things that would help us help you:

How much luck versus strategy do you want?
You long do you want the game to be?
How much time are you willing to spend learning the rules?
Do you want to pit the players against each other directly or indirectly?

One game I've heard very good things about is Zombie in my Pocket, where you team up to fend off the zombies while searching for the talisman that will let you kill them all, but when/if you vanquish the zombies, only the player who most successfully protected themself wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
P.S. There's also a "Recommendations" forum that is designed for questions like this one. Oh, and welcome to BGG! Have fun, and don't be afraid to ask questions, even in the wrong place ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
A completely different point of view:

Zombie State: Diplomacy of the Dead

A "strategical" zombie game - not your first game, if you want to see miniatures slugging it out, but a real nail biter if you want to protect your nation from being overrun by zombie hordes - you even get to do some build up (research)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Catron
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the upcoming Zombie game If I'm Going Down...
Plays solo or 2 player co-op. Coming to Kickstarter Oct. 1.
Disclaimer: This is not my game but I have played the prototype. Worth checking out especially if you like Zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Pritchett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to say Zombies!!! too. This one is fun and the rules are simple, it comes with 100 zombies, and 6 shotgun guys. People who don't normally play board games can usually pick it up really fast and if they enjoy Zombie movies they usually like the game. I think there are like 10 expansions for this game but none of them are really needed.

A basic turn
1. Draw and lay a tile
2. Fight any Zombies on your square
3. Draw a card to fill your hand to three
4. Roll for movement, move, fight zombies along the way
5. Discard a card if you wish

You win if you collect 25 Zombies or reach the center of the helipad and kill the zombie there. I don't usually enjoy games that are so simple but this one ends up being fun and it is only around $30. If you think you want something a little more beefy in terms of rules than look at some of the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
United States
flag msg tools
Fight any Zombies on your square is best game. Just try it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Perrault
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
For my groups' tastes, Zombie State: Diplomacy of the Dead is the best zombie board game, and Chaos Isle: Zombi Deck is the best zombie card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avoid "Zombies!!!" at all costs

It's an awesome 20 minute game that takes 3 hours to finish, and the single best strategy for winning is to DO NOTHING.

I'm serious. When the helipad tile comes up (reach it first to win), whoever has the LEAST points gets to choose where it goes.

If you do nothing, your score is zero.
You then place the helipad close to you, away from everyone else.
Walk over and win.

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game is probably the best thematic zombie experience out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joseph marin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the opinion guys. i own 13 games so far!!! haha. i have puerto rico, stone age, macao, ticket to ride, settler of catan, san juan, hansa teutonica, and a few others. i really like worker placement games, dont really think there are zombie worker placement games. im not really into card building games. although i do enjoy 7 wonders.

thanks for the kind responses i will do some research on some of the games you guys have suggested. i will also check out the recomendations section, thanks. haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Look closer...
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As you guide your cursor over the blue avatar a strange feeling of dread comes over you.
mbmbmbmbmb

+1 for Last Night On Earth

I recently purchased this game and now I recommend it every chance I get. Even when people are just looking for any old game. Of course, I don't own any other zombie games but , why would I want to ? It is an awesome game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like both Zombie Plague and Dead of Night, but they are print-and-play games, not games that you can find on a shelf or order online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eaten by Zombies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Casarrubios
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies!!! is loads of fun as a beer & pretzels game without pretentions. Using house rules is not only advisable, but even encouraged by the publisher, so you can adapt the game to your tastes making it harder, easier, more co-operative, more confrontational...

Eaten by Zombies! is looking good, although I haven't played it yet, but if you're looking for a more "thinky" game, this might be what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game is perfect for me: awesome miniatures, multiple scenarios, not too complex, a big deck of game-changing cards and a bag of dice. The best thing about Last Night on Earth is that each game plays out like a movie plot, full of twists, turns, dramatic events and gruesome deaths.

For that reason I recommend it over Zombies!!!, which, although fun for a while, can really overstay its welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.