Subject: Keep the Top Crisis Card on Top/Bottom Secretly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever a player gets to see the top crisis card and choose to leave it on top or bury it (either through Launch Scout or Boomer's Recon ability), everybody else must close their eyes, so nobody will know if the player put the crisis on top or on the bottom. The player cannot say what he did either.

Gives hidden cylons an opportunity for hidden sabotage, and makes cylon Boomer a little more powerful. And beware the player who keeps insisting on scouting by himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. It does Consult the Oracle much, much less useful. I'd be willing to try it out, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really see the need for prohibiting saying which you did. An extra opportunity to claim your helping doesn't hurt...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea, but the meta gaming of having to close ones eyes everytime someone uses LS, Reckon, or the new Human Fleet does seem to be a bit fiddly, at least I suspect with my groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
TheToaster wrote:
Er .. the whole point is for the character to use their ability (scouting prowess or visions) to help the fleet while being observed doing this. What's the point of no one knowing if the character 'knowingly' helped or sabotaged the fleet ? yuk ... or having that ability and not being able to send the fleet into an ambush from your cylon buddies because you 'tossed a coin' over where to send the fleet shake.

VOTE Try Again

Vote: Learn to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just allow players to lie about whether they kept it or buried it. But that's the part of the game I adore: Deceit and lying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.