United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mb
I woke up with really bad back spasms the other morning. I decided to go to the massage place in our neighborhood for the first time (I live in China right now). It seemed a little dicey as far as cleanliness. As far as ‘appropriateness’ it is no problem. It’s a small room with two tables open to the street. No funny business possible.

But the cat lays in there all day and the workers smoke and the idea of the linen goes against some of my OCD tendencies.

But I was desperate. The massage helped and it only cost 40 yuan for an hour (about $6.30). She suggested firecupping (details here if interested). She just showed me the globes. At the time I didn’t know that it was called fire cupping or what I was in for. I figured I didn’t have much to lose.

This was the result. My back feels better but I don’t think it’s because of the gigantic hickeys. I'll not be doing this again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, we can play twister on your back. "Right foot - dark red hickey!"

When I read your story, the first thing I thought about was An Idiot Abroad, when Carl get's a traditional "fire massage" at a chinese massage parlour

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have gone for the leeches. They leave smaller marks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
ya gotta bunny/duck it in your head
badge
"I looked at my hands, I understood that one fine day, one fine evening to be precise, they would no longer be hands but some other awful thing." —Jack Kerouac
mbmbmbmbmb
The good news is that the evil spirits are gone.

The bad news is that means you're like a Ferrari with the door open and the engine running.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.