Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like they passed a really bad law in 1991. I'd be pretty pissed if people that were already well compensated were taking that kind of money from my pension fund. Tough to tie the president to this since he didn't enter the state senate until 1996.

I'm pro-union, but that doesn't mean that corruption and abuse shouldn't be rooted out. It also isn't like this kind of thing in the corporate world isn't orders of magnitude larger. Just look at the billions that the US government funneled to Goldman Sachs and other financial firms during the bailout of AIG. Those guys took out insurance on products that were designed to fail and blackmailed the government into paying them off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to me this has sod all to do with the unions and a lot to do with a bent city officialdom. I note as well that John J Cullerton was ellected in 1991, the same year this law came into effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:

I guess it is the "Chicago way". And where is our President from? Just sayin...

Remeber: Vote early and vote often...

Yeah this sucks that Obama wrote this bill and got it rammed through the legislation.. umm what? He wasn't even an elected official at the time? Oh.

I guess it is the "Chicago way". And where is John Ashcroft from? Just sayin...

I guess it is the "Chicago way". And where is Donald Rumsfeld from? Just sayin...

I guess it is the "Chicago way". And where is Betty Ford from? Just sayin...

I guess it is the "Chicago way". And where is Elliot Ness from? Just sayin...

I guess it is the "Chicago way". And where is Dick Butkus from? Just sayin...

I guess it is the "Chicago way". And where is Ray Kroc from? Just sayin...

Logical fallacies are fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:

I guess it is the "Chicago way". And where is our President from? Just sayin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:

I'm pro-union, but that doesn't mean that corruption and abuse shouldn't be rooted out. It also isn't like this kind of thing in the corporate world isn't orders of magnitude larger. Just look at the billions that the US government funneled to Goldman Sachs and other financial firms during the bailout of AIG. Those guys took out insurance on products that were designed to fail and blackmailed the government into paying them off.

You don't even get to look into pushing the government to see people extract money from an organization: A certain very large internet company has been purchasing very large amounts of their own stock while borrowing at relatively high rates to do so. The stock price is high, and the ones that really win are those that have old stock or a bunch of options.... like the executives and long time employees that are selling like crazy.

Corporate looting: what's not to like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.