Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to order the game but when shipping is as much as the game, well, that is a pretty big deterrent.

Stronghold has roots in Canada/Calgary, how about warehousing some up here???

Anyway if 2 people order to a USA address, shipping is really cheap like $4.50 each, plus game ~$21 so total is $25.50 each, much more appealing.

So my desperate plea goes out, if anywhere out there in Toronto Area or coming to Toronto area sees this and wants to split please PM me!

Failing this, if two people order up to Canada I think shipping is $12 each, that is a little more doable, except if duty and taxes get added on then its back to square one likely.

Would really like the expansion (only included in Pre-order or Essen order, no other way to get it unfortunately) as it adds the all important disinfection card for the Humans but maybe I'm just not going to get it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
I bit the bullet and paid the crazy shipping fees with my preorder. Nearly killed me, but I did it. I'm in Ottawa though... and I'm not sure whether I can change my order or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I want it, too, but the shipping made me think otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for trying to organize this. Yes, shipping from the U.S. to Canada is expensive.

Note that with most of our games (until we release something truly massive), the savings do add up when ordering multiple copies. Panic Station is a fine example of that, just two copies nearly halves the shipping charge on a per game basis. Teaming up to place preorders can be an excellent way of saving a few dollars.

Finally, we have not heard of any of our Canadian customers receiving bills for duty or taxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oat Meals
msg tools
EmperorJacob wrote:
Yeah, I want it, too, but the shipping made me think otherwise.

Seconded. Shipping shouldn't be as expensive as the item itself. I made it to the checkout page before my rationale kicked in and canceled the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up recruiting some local people to split on an order.

With 4 of us ordering shipping was $6.75 each, much more comparable with an USA order and very doable.

Check Stronghold website for details but we will not incur any duty/taxes on this order which REALLY helps out and finalized my decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.