Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Only replace completed adventures at midnight, this pushes players toward more difficult adventures. Also advance the clock 4 hrs each turn instead of 3, this means that midnight doesn't almost always follow teh same player's turn in a 4 player game and makes the game slightly more difficult as mythos cards happen faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first variant that doesn't fool with the base system too much. I think I'll try it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Good one, Mark. I like it a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Daumen
United States
The Triangle
flag msg tools
designer
(Tennessee and Wisconsin in between)
badge
I think you should realize these wings are really hot
mbmbmbmbmb
You can obviously slow the clock down too, or make a handicap system with different players at different speeds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What you want to avoid is having the product of the number of players times the per turn clock advance to be equal to twelve. When that happens (like now in a 4 player gane) midnight always occurs after the same players turn (ignoring adventure tasks and minsters that cause clock advances) and I've noticed in that case that players just quit bothering to advance the clock and just do midnight at the same point each round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.