Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I just opened my copy and this has, without doubt, the worst quality of cards I've ever encountered in a game. I'm sure there's worse out there, but I haven't come across them yet. They are ridiculously thin. Obviously, these will need to be sleeved if I plan on playing the game more than a few times.

Anyone have the specs on what size sleeves I need?

I wish I could sleeve the map tiles too as they're also of horrible quality. soblue

Edit: Never mind. Mayday has a chart that actually includes ST:FC. They're suggesting the Card Game Green and 4 packs for those who will be sleeving...and I highly recommend everyone does so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
Okay, I just opened my copy and this has, without doubt, the worst quality of cards I've ever encountered in a game. I'm sure there's worse out there, but I haven't come across them yet. They are ridiculously thin. Obviously, these will need to be sleeved if I plan on playing the game more than a few times.

Anyone have the specs on what size sleeves I need?

I wish I could sleeve the map tiles too as they're also of horrible quality. :soblue:

Edit: Never mind. Mayday has a chart that actually includes ST:FC. They're suggesting the Card Game Green and 4 packs for those who will be sleeving...and I highly recommend everyone does so.

They don't seem so bad to me. A bit thin I guess, but they've kinda got a vinyl texture that seems a lot more durable to me than most cards.

I guess time will tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the quality is fine. I always sleeve my cards, no matter what. I used Mayday Premium (Dark Green) Standard Card Game sleeves and they fit great.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved them all last night with the Mayfair Premium Standard Card size (the green package). They fit nicely. However, they seem to only come in a 50 pack at my local game store. Unfortunately, they only had 350 worth, so for the last 50 I used the FFG standard card size clear sleeves...which have the exact same measurements listed on the package. Sadly, this is not true as the FFG sleeves extend about a millimeter past the Mayfair sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeldavidcox wrote:
I think the quality is fine. I always sleeve my cards, no matter what. I used Mayday Premium (Dark Green) Standard Card Game sleeves and they fit great.

Michael

Are all the cards in the game this same size?
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what color package this represents in the FFG sleeves? (or at least the dimensions in inches?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Heath
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocryphile wrote:
Does anyone know what color package this represents in the FFG sleeves? (or at least the dimensions in inches?)

Grey, but they are OSM right now and kindof hard to find. However, any standard size card sleeve works, so your local store that carries Magic will have Magic size sleeves, which fit fine and are usually of better quality than mayday or ffg.

My favorite are the kmc brand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay now that I've played a few games with them I have changed my mind. I am going to sleeve them as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.