Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Brady
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just opened my copy and the large stack of cards had apparently burst during shipping, resulting in massive ship damage. Exchanged and the second copy had the same issue, luckily only minor ship damage though. Still, many of the ships are shoddily constructed with wing tips glued on crooked, etc. Not quite worth the price tag. Hopefully the actual game makes up for the disappointment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
How is the card quality? Are you going to return the game again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It my understanding the cards and tiles are thin--so they could save money for quality ships. Uh oh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are a little thin but they feel quite durable to me.

The Tiles are not thin. They are the usual sturdy board that you get.

I had one deck of cards split open in the box (no big deal really) and one ship broken off it's base. A little superglue fixed that easily.

I did notice that the nacelle on one of the ships looks a little wonky though. I'll have to try and fix it at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
Are the comparable to Dominion cards?

It's been a while since I've played Dominion, but from what I can recall they feel quite different. They kind of have a texture to them like vinyl.

They are the same style as the cards in the Star Trek:Expeditions game if you have seen those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Kinsella
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
swankymcfly wrote:
Just opened my copy and the large stack of cards had apparently burst during shipping, resulting in massive ship damage. Exchanged and the second copy had the same issue, luckily only minor ship damage though. Still, many of the ships are shoddily constructed with wing tips glued on crooked, etc. Not quite worth the price tag. Hopefully the actual game makes up for the disappointment.

Hi James - that's not what we would expect - while we may ask for photos where you bought it from etc and things may not align perfectly - if you can go to this site http://heroclix.com/replacement/ and report on what you're seeing hopefully we'll get some clarity.

Note - you may have to start a cart, put in more items then allowed for the email address to pop up for sending in direct correspondence to customer service

Bryan Kinsella
WizKids

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poor QC is something I have come to expect from WKids....you shouldn't be surprised

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brady
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries on the replacement, the shop I bought it from quickly exchanged it and will apparently be getting another from their distributor, so all is good now. Just a bit odd that the same problem occurred with 2 copies in a row. And it looks like the post above reported the same issue. Basically, the large bundle of command cards spilled from its wrapper, then shuffled around during shipping and knocked some ships off of their bases. Super glue would work just fine, just a bit disappointing initially.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Woods
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your tiles are not thin? Interesting got my copy today and the tiles are a thick (or thin if you like) as the cards. The game otherwise looks terrific, already played on game and it seems to work well and be very enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My large pack of cards also opened, but I don't think it got far into the ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
swankymcfly wrote:

I have had the same disappointing experience. Bought the game with the intention of trying it out at the club's game night. Instead, opened it up to show exploded deck of cards (some bent). Looking at the ships, some were unseated from their "protective" spaces, several off their stands (either broken or slipped off because of there not being enough glue). Stopped counting the defects at around 6 because it was so depressing. Plastic used seems fragile and some of the ships (most notably, the Klingons) showed signs of stress.

Fortunately, the store has another copy put aside for me to exchange tomorrow. Seeing how this isn't an isolated experience, I'm undecided yet if I'm going to try with another copy though, or just ask for my money back.

UPDATE: Guys at the FLGS were great as usual. Decided to hold out for a later production run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drstrnge wrote:
Your tiles are not thin? Interesting got my copy today and the tiles are a thick (or thin if you like) as the cards. The game otherwise looks terrific, already played on game and it seems to work well and be very enjoyable.

Oh misunderstanding I think - by tiles you must've meant the 'space tiles'. I was thinking you meant the various markers such as the cloak tokens, control tokens, installations, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snappy Dan
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's disappointing to read about the apparent inadequate packaging design. Proper packaging design is important, as a poor one can lead to a bad first impression (hello, Warhammer: Invasion). I hope mine survives all the rigors of shipping when it hits (hopefully not literally!) my door tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysterio wrote:
It's disappointing to read about the apparent inadequate packaging design. Proper packaging design is important, as a poor one can lead to a bad first impression (hello, Warhammer: Invasion). I hope mine survives all the rigors of shipping when it hits (hopefully not literally!) my door tomorrow.

I was actually quite impressed with the packaging. The insert which holds the ships is very sturdy and they stay in there well, so I'm surprised that some loose cards would cause them to break (even though it happened to me). The only dodgy packaging seems to be the cellophane that the cards are wrapped in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too had cards scattered all over the box, and I ended up with three ships broken off of their posts.

I am concerned about card storage at this point, too. There are slots that appear to be set up to hold the cards, but I don't know how well they will keep them intact.

Well, guess it's time to try and figure out how to glue these ships back to their bases...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems nice the the ship insert is removable.
The card part of the insert doesn't seem very good. I can see why this guy replaced it

Re: Box Insert?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too was asking about the hexagon "tiles."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sound of balloon deflating...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a damaged boardgame is not a big issue if the company behind it supports the customer with replacements..

do Whizkids support / parts replacement as good as FFG's support / part replacement service ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Kinsella
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
a damaged boardgame is not a big issue if the company behind it supports the customer with replacements..

do Whizkids support / parts replacement as good as FFG's support / part replacement service ?

Please see my earlier post in this thread.

Bryan Kinsella
WizKids
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
It seems nice the the ship insert is removable.
The card part of the insert doesn't seem very good. I can see why this guy replaced it

Re: Box Insert?
That's mine. I replaced it as I sleeve my cards and they would no longer all fit into the insert once they were all sleeved.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh yeah. My cards were all intact, but every copy I've seen is so loosely (and poorly) shrinkwrapped that some internal shifting is bound to occur.

My opened copy has a few ships broken off their stands (easy fix, but still) and it is missing the Command Post Tiles (they are big and I shouldn't miss them, right?).

Several of the ships are poorly constructed/glued together.

Not a total washout, but pretty disappointing.

EDIT: I discovered that the ship insert lifts off of the regular insert (read it above but it didn't register), and the Command Post Tiles were under that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I had full intentions of getting on here and proclaiming how mine was in good shape. I think the complaints can sometimes make it appear like a larger problem than it is. But, alas...

The Enterprise A has a nacelle broken, Tthe Enterprise E and Defiant are broken off their stands, and the car wrapping exploded with a few cards a little bruised.

Some of the ship's shapes are a bit wonky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Lagacé
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
swankymcfly wrote:

Samething for me, the large stack of cards burst during shipping, one ship dammage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirk Agathon wrote:
The Enterprise E and Defiant are broken off their stands

Arrrggghhh! Those are my favorite two ships. That sucks!

Think I'll wait until all this is sorted out. Total bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.