Subject: 1st Axis and Allies game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Mertens
United States
Georgetown
Illinois
flag msg tools
I recently played Axis and Allies Pacific for the first time and loved it. I am looking at getting one for myself but would like more of the whole world picture or at least europe. Which one would you recommend for the first game.I don't mind complexity. I love Agricola, War of the Rings, and Battletech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds as if you'd want to choose between

Axis & Allies Europe 1940

and

Axis & Allies: 1942

--

1942 is the whole world map, and only costs about half of Europe 1940. It's the current entry level A&A set but still very decent.

Europe 1940 is, surprise surprise, only Europe, and a little more complex (has things like tactical bombers). It has weapons development which isn't in A&A 1942. It's more for diehard A&A fans, but from your profile you can probably handle it with no problem.

Europe 1940 can be combined with Pacific 1940 for a monster game, though I'm not sure if practically that would happen often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Mertens
United States
Georgetown
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks that explains it very well. I like additional features like weapons development but I also have to get someone to play with me which can sometimes be a problem if it is too technichal. So it sounds like 1942 will be the one. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.