Subject: Essen 2011 : Yggdrasil preorder + Vidar bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Yggdrasil will be in sale in Essen this year, with a new god sheet bonus: Vidar.

If you want, you can preorder your copy http://www.en.ludonaute.fr/?page_id=463.

For those who have already bought Yggdrasil and who would like to get the bonus, you can buy it alone on our booth 5-59, at the cost of 2€. Do not worry, there will be enough bonus for everybody who wants it.

Thanks,

Anne-Cécile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
So what does this Vidar fellow do? He's one of Odin's sons. Does he get to look at the next card, and not play it until the end of his turn? He's supposed to live in Valhalla after Ragnarok after Surt's rampage: does he have a bonus when fighting Surt? Or when visiting Muspelheim? Or fighting any enemy in Valhalla?
Fan boys got to know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ludo naute wrote:
Yggdrasil will be in sale in Essen this year, with a new god sheet bonus: Vidar.

If you want, you can preorder your copy http://www.en.ludonaute.fr/?page_id=463.

For those who have already bought Yggdrasil and who would like to get the bonus, you can buy it alone on our booth 5-59, at the cost of 2€. Do not worry, there will be enough bonus for everybody who wants it.

Thanks,

Anne-Cécile

And how do we get this bonus if we live in the US, and aren't going to be at Essen?

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
CovertDad wrote:

And how do we get this bonus if we live in the US, and aren't going to be at Essen?

ninja

Aye. Would that I could go to Essen, but alas...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean M
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CovertDad wrote:

Thirded.

I will not die without another god for Yggdrasil... though I may spend the rest of my days in endless searching (searching, that is, on a budget, without being able to get on an airplane).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sargonas
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CovertDad wrote:

ninja

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
world eater
msg tools
+1

great game. already have Frigg promo and would love to pick this up too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

Own it, own Frigg, would love to own Vidar, but can't afford a trip to Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi,
Quote:
So what does this Vidar fellow do? He's one of Odin's sons. Does he get to look at the next card, and not play it until the end of his turn? He's supposed to live in Valhalla after Ragnarok after Surt's rampage: does he have a bonus when fighting Surt? Or when visiting Muspelheim? Or fighting any enemy in Valhalla?
Fan boys got to know!

Vidar is the God of the forest and the vengeance. We decided to connect him with the Elves.
His power : Each Elf discarded before rolling the die counts for 2 Elves.

Mystery is revealed now

Quote:

We shall make our best to make the Vidar bonus available in the US too. I will keep you informed. In any case, the bonus will be downloadable in Yggdrasil's mini website in November.meeple

Regards,
Anne-Cécile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ludo naute wrote:
Hi,
Quote:
Fan boys got to know!

Vidar is the God of the forest and the vengeance. We decided to connect him with the Elves.
His power : Each Elf discarded before rolling the die counts for 2 Elves.

Mystery is revealed now

Quote:

We shall make our best to make the Vidar bonus available in the US too. I will keep you informed. In any case, the bonus will be downloadable in Yggdrasil's mini website in November.meeple

Regards,
Anne-Cécile

I recently purchased the Frigg promo from the boardgamegeek store... so perhaps a similar arrangement could be made.

If not, then I will have to see if any of my friends are making the trip to Essen and could pick one up for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:
I recently purchased the Frigg promo from the boardgamegeek store... so perhaps a similar arrangement could be made.

If not, then I will have to see if any of my friends are making the trip to Essen and could pick one up for me.

I totally appreciate wanting to have the actual card in front of you, but if they won't sell it, you could always proxy with, say, an index card, or a coin, or a tissue. Or nothing. There's really no need for the character card at all (and definitely no need for them to be so big...). They're just nice to have and help theme-wise (and reminding you of your power, although only about half of them are decipherable from the iconography).

The one thing I wish they had included would be minis for your characters, but you do the actions so fast, they would just be whizzing around the board, and where they stopped at the end of your turn wouldn't even matter. But the idea of using the actions on particular spaces is kind of hard to grasp due to the fact that you don't physically do anything to indicate the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
The one thing I wish they had included would be minis for your characters

I would like to see some minis as well, maybe they could release it as an expansion - "the minis"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean M
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
...They're just nice to have and help theme-wise...

...which is definitely the major strength of the game and why it's getting so many replays in our gaming group. Having a god you can see makes a huge difference in keeping people's interest.

I know you're not saying they're not important, but just wanted to point out that, for our group, they're vital for the longevity of the game.

arkayn wrote:
...although only about half of them are decipherable from the iconography...

Have to agree here. My boys and I started calling it Yggdrasil-language, and expect that every new player will be utterly baffled by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grondhammar wrote:
I know you're not saying they're not important, but just wanted to point out that, for our group, they're vital for the longevity of the game.

Well, I guess I am saying they're not (very) important. I'm just not saying that I would rather not have them. To me, they're kind of like the petri dishes in Pandemic: On the Brink - they don't really add much to the game, but they're awesome. Do I like that they included them? Yes. Could you play the game without them? Absolutely.

I guess the character cards in Yggdrasil are more important than that, because you need something to tell you who you are and what your special ability is (though half of them fail on half of that, and I would have liked if they were smaller). But the board and cards are awesome enough that it wouldn't kill the game for me to play with Vidar without having the official card for him...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are big. I'd prefer them to be playing-card size, with identical backs so they could be shuffled and dealt randomly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also hoping Vidar is available through the BGG marketplace.

I originally printed off a copy of Frigg, but once the official one became available on the geekstore I bought one. It's important to me to have official pieces. Not only does it increase the value of my game, but it helps keep the immersion in a thematic game like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be great if Vidar became available through the BGG geekstore, like the first promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
unic wrote:
Would be great if Vidar became available through the BGG geekstore, like the first promo.

Do not worry, It will, after Essen fair where BGG geekstore team wil pick up some Vidar sheets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:

I am that friend! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ludo naute wrote:
unic wrote:

Do not worry, It will, after Essen fair where BGG geekstore team wil pick up some Vidar sheets

Any idea around what date they will be made available? That way we all know when to rush the store to get our hands on a copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Hernandez
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:
ludo naute wrote:
unic wrote:

Any idea around what date they will be made available? That way we all know when to rush the store to get our hands on a copy?

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.