Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had been looking to try and get a copy of the game for about a month or so, and without my knowledge my wife found a copy and convinced my father-in-law to get it for me for my Birthday.

The funny part is I tried to trade for a copy and that fell through, and then I was about to buy a open and punched copy but my wife was like, well we can't afford to buy a game right now. Then a week later I get the game new in shrink

Needless to say I was very surprised I was not expecting it at all.

I haven't had a chacne to play it yet, but will soon I hope!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cc the calm
Austria
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well then, congratulations and let us know if you like it.

I like the general idea of the mechanism.. the game is just pretty difficult to get over here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She said she felt so bad when she told me that we couldn't afford to buy it 'cause she could see the disapointment and she just wanted to tell me that I was getting a new copy!

She had her Dad get it because if it came from her I might have been able to guess what it was before opening it.

Apparently I was stressing her out with trying to trade for it and buy it etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos to her for getting you such a cool gift and for keeping the secret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Who says romance is dead?

I know it's only a small thing in the overall scheme of life's ups and downs but what a great story!!

Brings tears to my eyes ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Congratulations! I purchased this one a few months ago (payed double the price after taxes and shipping costs) and only had the time to play it once so far, but it was a blast. I very much recommend the player aids from domus_ludorum in the files section. These really help you getting started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you even got a great father-in-law!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So true, I do have a great father-in-law. Not even just for getting the game, but all the things that he helps out with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmdrc wrote:
well then, congratulations and let us know if you like it.

I like the general idea of the mechanism.. the game is just pretty difficult to get over here.

I opened it today and punched the counters and started reading through the rule book. Haven't played the game yet.

My next step is to finish reading the rule book and then play the first scenario that uses half the map to get a feel for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.