Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Though we talk in-depth about the end of Nexus, the formation of Ares, and War of the Ring 2nd Edition's imminent release, we do talk a bit about the future of the new version of Wings of War from Ares.

Here's an excerpt:

"The first step will be to bring back the airplanes which were originally published as the first series of WW1 "Wings of War" - the Fokker Dr.I, Albatros D.V, Sopwith Camel, Spad XIII. We are creating a new mould for the production, which will also correct certain small mistakes in the models. We will bring these airplanes back with some "classical" color schemes - you can't miss the Red Baron! - but also with new paint jobs which were never seen before in the Wings of War products. We have planned this release for Spring 2012."

Head on over to the latest edition of "Next of Ken" to see the entire interview--the bit about Wings of War is about half-way through the article. There's also some, um, interesting discussion regarding FFG's Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game and Wings of War.

http://fortressat.com/index.php/interviews-toc/2859-next-of-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad the game companies are getting into a sparring match. Especially since turning templates in games go back to at least the 70s (my memory does not go back past that for much).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great interview, Ken!

Looks like WoW will see new life as Wings of Glory. Can't wait till January to get a crack at those bombers!

Curious to hear about the new game the Roberto and Andrea are working on, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.