Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Rekich
United States
Lyndora
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a bit confused about when a player takes an event token. Is it as simple as every time a person play a sets they take an event token *unless* all 5 event tokens have been taken already this round? Or is there something more to it? The sentence, "As long as at least 1 of the 5 tokens hasn't yet been played, a player immediately triggers an event.", just confuses me. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play a set, you activate a token.

If there's no token left, meaning there's already 5 sets played, you don't,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeanMary wrote:
I am a bit confused about when a player takes an event token. Is it as simple as every time a person play a sets they take an event token *unless* all 5 event tokens have been taken already this round? Or is there something more to it? The sentence, "As long as at least 1 of the 5 tokens hasn't yet been played, a player immediately triggers an event.", just confuses me. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It IS as simple as that. The awkward wording equates to "if there's at least 1 token left, play it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Though I would really like the 'take another turn" tokens to be one that you do not play immediately, but rather that you save for future use. The rest are fine to be immediate, but the "go again' tile is often a DETRIMENT if you have to use it immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Rekich
United States
Lyndora
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
Though I would really like the 'take another turn" tokens to be one that you do not play immediately, but rather that you save for future use. The rest are fine to be immediate, but the "go again' tile is often a DETRIMENT if you have to use it immediately.

Too strong if you play it like you wish, I playtest it, the game change too much in a run for the token. Try it, you will see by yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:

Too strong if you play it like you wish, I playtest it, the game change too much in a run for the token. Try it, you will see by yourself.

In my experience, the 2 player game kind of IS a run for the tokens - in case there's Corruption or something. In the mid-game, those symbols can easily be an 8 point swing. The tile that gives you points for corruption is usually pretty weak, as (in 2p especially) it's common that you don't have much corruption because that's a sure way to lose the game - often it's a fight for the corruption penalty more than a fight for actually getting vp (of course you need to score as well). The tile that lets you draw the corruption pile into your hand is great - giving you cards AND reducing your corruption (all the way to 0).

Even the almost useless vp for corruption tile didn't seem as bad as being forced to take a Go-Again tile though, as sometimes you are playing a set merely to stall and not have to draw.

That's just my opinion - I trust that you tested it and that you find it better as-is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.