Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Bosca
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
resist.
badge
Eternity, said Frankie Lee with a voice as cold as ice; That's right, said Judas Priest, eternity, though you might call it paradise...
mbmbmbmbmb
sigh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
blakstar wrote:
sigh...

Why are you sighing? Did you read the article?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't ever think you have to justify your enjoyment of a hobby to anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really need your psychological wisdom. Unless your goal is to make me think twice before making a tongue in cheek post to point out a very interesting article.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
Yes! Please post more psychological wisdom. Next time I'll think twice before making a tongue in cheek post to point out a very interesting article.

shake

I didn't post that to be sarcastic. I understand the aricle and your reference to it. My point is that a lot of people get that same message throughout the hobby, and it's a shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
I think the sighs weren't over your post per se:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/700948/gamers-crack-aids...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. I don't feel guilty about my hobby. It's my passion and I love it. I'm also happy to poke fun at my hobby once in a while. I was just being silly. The only important thing was the article, which I thought people might be interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
It is probably due to the 'fact' that this were ONLY the 5th time(s) this were "brought up"! some more... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Duh, What?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh!

My hypothesis is that Dom-Crap posted a link to that story about gamers solving a biology/medical problem, then removed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I think you're right.

paulclarke339 wrote:
Oh!

My hypothesis is that Dom-Crap posted a link to that story about gamers solving a biology/medical problem, then removed it.

Gamers may NOT be useless but this ENTIRE post is useless.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being completely useless, that's no easy task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh

I thought it would delete the entire thread if I deleted the first post. I guess not!

I've been pretty busy today, and I did not take the time to see if others had posted a link to the same article. So when someone pointed it out, I tried to delete the thread. I'll chalk this up as a BIG DOUBLE FAIL for me. What a horrible day. I think I'll crawl into a damp hole and go to sleep. Maybe tomorrow will be better...

(tongue is still firmly planted in cheek)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.