Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to find people to play against in Dragonheart but I haven't had any luck. Also, half the time I enter one of the empty rooms, there's already a game seemingly in progress even though no one is there. I'm having a difficult time understanding the site, how to start a game and how to find people. When I do initiate a game, it seems it's not actually showing up in the "players wanted" list or in the available games section for that game. Someone...help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes a game will be left in progress when all players quit the game before finishing - there is a reset button on the game manager window, just use that, don't worry about the game in progress at all.
To get your game in the "player's wanted" list you need a "gameyell" just pressing the "OK" button in the game manager window should suffice (I think).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chazar
Germany
Hesse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition, rooms with completed games look like they are "in progess", i.e. you get a message that you cannot join because the game is in progress. This happens whenever people forget to reset the room once they are done. The solution is to simply click the reset button before joining (or write /reset before /join). It's a pain that people never pack away their meeples once they are done.

Also, you can right click empty game rooms in the manager that and choose between "start game" and "go to table". If you choose the former, then it should do everything automatically, including putting up a players-wanted ad in the manager.

PS:
Even easier for beginners is to start the game via the "Play now!" buttons from the game's website, i.e. for Dragonheart, go here:
http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Spiele/Drachenherz/?nation=en
It's the third button in the colored header row, right above "Game Description".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Invaluable info....thanks everyone! I should have an easier time finding meeps to play against when I login tonight. I appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.