Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Meadows
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to see that some are keeping at least a small amount of interest in the game. With my off and on working habits, it hasn't progressed quite as quickly as I would like. I've got a few key problems that I've been wrestling with.

First is that as players get better at the game, the scores have come down. In our last game, the winner finished with 12 points. In short, I need to present more scoring opportunities, but most of what I've thought of has been things that will lengthen the game. It already sits at around 75-90 minutes, and I really don't want it to run longer than that. I also want to keep complexity in the light/medium range, because I'd like for the game (especially given the theme) to be playable by a family audience. So far, the lower end seems to be around 10 years old or so. But I want to keep it there without sacrificing depth...a tall order, indeed.

So, the frustration of thinking myself in circles, combined with the constantly tired feeling of every day after work, and then wanting to spend time with the family as much as possible...

Well, it means that it's become a long term labor of love (which carries with it some of its own dangers), instead of a quick, passion filled development process. I just hope I'll get there. I'm not really sure if I see light at the end of the tunnel, or if it's just my mind playing tricks on me. I suppose we'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.