Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, one question I'm not certain I know how to answer.. I think I know the answer, but not enough to doubt myself !

In a military challenge, as defender, I know I cannot kill the same character twice (if attacker has 2 claim, and I save the character from the first kill, I cannot kill him again for the second claim).

Ok, so, now if my attacker has Deadly, can I kill a participating character for the claim,save him and then kill the same character again for Deadly ?

cheers, Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Unger
Germany
Leipzig
Sachsen
flag msg tools
A Lannister always pays his debts.
badge
"There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes."
mbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:
Ok, so, now if my attacker has Deadly, can I kill a participating character for the claim,save him and then kill the same character again for Deadly ?

Sure. Deadly resolves after any claim effects, so if you can save the participating character during claim fulfillment, he is still eligible to be killed for the Deadly effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Schaulustiger wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:

Sure. Deadly resolves after any claim effects, so if you can save the participating character during claim fulfillment, he is still eligible to be killed for the Deadly effect.

Thanks for the quick answer. I thought the same, but then thought "poop!". That means, if this character is the only defending character I can't save him from claim and then say "sorry, you killed him once, you can't kill him again!" and have no character killed by Deadly. i.e. I'm better off killing one of my non-defending and less valuable characters and saving the defender from Deadly instead (since, truth was, I couldn't save him twice.. I had Lightbringer attached, and it kneels to save).

cheers, Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Carlough
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also simply defend with your expendable character, though there's plenty of reasons that's not possible (wrong icons, already kneeled etc)... If they're the only participant you can use them to satisfy the challenge claim and have no more characters left for deadly. Thats what I do when I can
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.