United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
badge
Motherless Brooklyn - Jonathon Lethem
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just added a list of components to the More Information section on the game page, using the same format as was used for the base game. For those who'd rather not click, it looks like this:

Contents:
** 1 24-page Rulebook (includes 12 scenarios)
** 4 pre-painted miniatures:
** 2 Sicaria
** 2 Hellhounds
* 10 Tunnel and Room tiles

Additional Components for the Human Player:
** 2 Reference cards for the Humans
** 2 black plastic card stands
* 10 red plastic Damage pegs
** 6 Skill cards for the Sicaria
** 6 Advantage cards
** 7 Gift cards
** 6 Object cards
** 2 Survival Instinct tokens
** 4 Miraculous water tokens

Additional Components for the Demon Player:
** 7 Reference cards for the Demons
** 2 Reference cards for the Hellhounds
* 18 Event cards
** 2 Cave-in tokens
** 2 Under the Sign of Satan tokens
** 2 Teleportation icon tokens
** 1 Searching Demon token

Additional Scenario Specific Components:
** 2 Moving wall tokens
** 1 Cage token
** 1 Baby Troglodyte token
** 1 Saint Naos Force Condenser token

There is actually one more token that I haven't listed, because I've yet to figure out what it should be called or how it is used. It's roughly hexagonal, with pointed vertices and curving edges, and shows the Redeemer's face on one side and a Demon's face on the other. We can edit to include it once it is identified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
It's roughly hexagonal, with pointed vertices and curving edges, and shows the Redeemer's face on one side and a Demon's face on the other. We can edit to include it once it is identified.

Flip to see who goes first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Flip to see who goes first?

I suppose it's possible in some scenario, but in my experience, the Humans need to go first. Giving the Demons an extra round to gather TP and Event cards would be far too much advantage in most scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the wet list or the dry list? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Is this the wet list or the dry list? whistle

Mine are high and dry, all save the Healing Fountain and The Miraculous Water tokens. I hope that's not a rarity! This is too good to become fish food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Konior
Australia
Swan View
WA
flag msg tools
mb
> I suppose it's possible in some scenario, but in my experience, the Humans need to go first. Giving the Demons an extra round to gather TP and Event cards would be far too much advantage in most scenarios.

For the sake of discussion, how do you feel about the balance of that; should winning and losing games come down to something so trivial as who went first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cody_au wrote:
For the sake of discussion, how do you feel about the balance of that; should winning and losing games come down to something so trivial as who went first?

Why do you characterize it as trivial? This is a tightly balanced game, and it works beautifully with the standard turn order, but it wouldn't be hard to tip out of balance.

Presumably everyone discussing this is familiar with The Survivors, the first scenario in the main game. Most people think it favors the Demon player; perhaps 60-40 or so. That's with the Demon player starting with 4 TP. What would the balance be if the Demon player started with 8 TP and an extra Event Card? Or 6 TP, an extra Event Card, and 4 dice for the Board of Destiny on their first turn?

If you gave the Demon player an extra turn before the game began, that's exactly the situation you'd reach - giving him those extras in startup with the standard rules would be exactly equivalent to the position you'd reach when the Human starts in a variant where the Demon had an extra turn to start with. (With only one tile placed and all the Humans bunched up on it, the Demon's free turn choices are obvious.)

My guess is the Humans would do well to win 10 or 15 percent in The Survivors under those conditions, in which case such a change would be anything but trivial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Konior
Australia
Swan View
WA
flag msg tools
mb
Just new and thinking out loud; no reason :-) You've raised some good points for me to think about... balancing isn't something I've read much about (except that it's desirable in any games I buy, hehe).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere, new advantage cards are paired or singular?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bartekb8 wrote:
Sphere, new advantage cards are paired or singular?

There are three new types of Advantage cards, and you get two of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much then. Thanks for response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just changed "plastic Damage tokens" to "plastic Damage pegs" on both game pages. I'd copied the original when I first put it up, but that bugged me since the plastic pegs are nothing like the cardboard tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soul Mox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thx for the list, Shpere.

I also agree with you on the balancing issue. The startup is very sensitive and CROC made it just right. If not, errata can be made.

The idea of the hexagonal token for a coin toss does not so much appeal to me as I think that coin tosses do involve quite some luck. Another possibility, it is to mark a room to show who owns it (= visisted last). We got exactly 1 of them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soulmox wrote:
We got exactly 1 of them?

Yes. If you look at the image below (click to enlarge), you can see it (Redeemer side up) at the lower right on the unpunched counter sheet:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaah, Sphere you have de Profundis copy and still don't know what is this for? If not you, who then? Hope you find some time and surprise us with some cool reviews/news soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Soulmox wrote:

Yes. If you look at the image below (click to enlarge), you can see it (Redeemer side up) at the lower right on the unpunched counter sheet:

Perhaps it is for flipping just for deciding who will play the demons and who will play the humans to avoid pre-game fighting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Soulmox wrote:

Perhaps it is for flipping just for deciding who will play the demons and who will play the humans to avoid pre-game fighting

Maybe, but then you have to decide who will flip itlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bartekb8 wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Soulmox wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"hexagonal token"

Perhaps, given CROC's penchant for being a bit 'tricksey', the token will be used in a future expansion and is only present to spur curiosity and speculation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
bartekb8 wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Soulmox wrote:

I vote for Shocking Roulette

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sokadr wrote:
"hexagonal token"

Perhaps, given CROC's penchant for being a bit 'tricksey', the token will be used in a future expansion and is only present to spur curiosity and speculation?

It may also be used in a future scenario. Or you can regard it as a tool for scenario builders:

"Demons are attempting to possess the Redeemer - before beginning his Threat Phase, the Demon player turns the Redeemer/Demon Token over. It starts out on the 'Redeemer side.' This token indicates who controls the Redeemer figure on the map this turn. When the Demonic side is up, use the 'Demonic Redeemer' stats to the left. Neither player may attack the Redeemer directly, but he may still be damaged by other damaging effects, such as the grenade. The Redeemer's life total is always tracked on the human's display. If he is killed, the Demon Player wins immediately."

You know. Something like that.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rasmussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Essen video Croc indeed shows that the Demon/redeemer token is flipped to help decide who plays what side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stradk wrote:
In the Essen video Croc indeed shows that the Demon/redeemer token is flipped to help decide who plays what side.

Yup, I laughed when I saw that. RedMonkeyBoy's guess was right on the money. Seeing that video was a real treat for me - hearing Croc mention my name was awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Token for this kind of thing should be heavier. Otherwise it won't play its role well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.