Popular Tags: [View All]
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess this question is more for the designers than anyone, but if anyone else has any ideas I would be interested as to your thoughts.

The rules state that if a solider and weapon card are in hand, then they must be played. I am curious as why this has to be, because it does not always make sense to do so. For example, if I only have a Geisha and a Kama in my hand, it does not make sense for me to attack because my odds of winning are low and I will be totally defenseless.

What was the reasoning behind this rule? Why is replenishment not always an option on every turn? In the three games we have played thus far, each game we have had situations where we would have preferred to draw instead of play cards, but to play by the rules stipulated we had to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Montgomery
United States
Delaware
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Basically the game encourages a high level of hand management. Basically you balance playing your strongest cards as well as trying to remove the situation of an unwanted play.

By dual wielding, sacrificing 3 soldiers, throwing away weak attacks, you can play your hand off strategically by redrawing early or saving defensive cards at the end.

The main reason for this is that it's something different than your standard draw a card each turn. When we play tested we felt fairly confident when you get the hang of predicting your future plays. Thanks for the feedback and let us know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.