ltc jim
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Can anyone tell me their opinion (if you played both) if "Dawn of the Zeds" is better (open to interpretation) than ATZ boardgame? I have ATZ but thought the rules were too clumsy but I like certain aspects of it especially since it is solotaire format which is the only way I play these games. I pretty much stopped playing ATZ since it turned into constantly "roll dice then refer to the rules". I really like what I am reading about "Dawn of the Zeds" here on BGG so I just ordered it. Looking forward to getting brains eaten then at some point first victory. I travel a lot for work so this seems it would be a good traveling game.

V/R
Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not better (which is subjective) but totally different. DotZ is more strategic handling of resources and card/hand management where AtZ is a tactical level Zed combat game. I found DotZ easier to get into and of course it's solo only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will not try to persuade you on Zeds, but my personal experience with ATZ was not a good one. In fact, I added alot into Zeds of what I thought was missing in ATZ. There just did not seem to be much joy or angst when playing ATZ - it was just shoot some zombies and then ... shoot some more. There was no cursing, cheering, happiness, despair, etc. And mind you, I'm obviously a fan of zombie games. Last Night on Earth is one of my favorite all-time games (especially with the family). But ATZ was a major disappoinment for me and I sold it almost immediately as well.
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ltc jim
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I agree completely with both of the reply comments. Killing Zombies should be fun and easy to do (as in rules clarity and game mechanics not overly difficult or confusing). I already ordered Dawn of the Zeds game and hopefully it arrives soon. I am sure I will lose a lot more than I win but that is what will keep me coming back. It appears you have designed a winner! V/R Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jim - I hope you enjoy it! Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Hogan
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Thanks Jim - I hope you enjoy it! Hermann
Sadly, I missed the pre-order, but DotZ is still at the top of my list of to-gets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, Doc and thanks! Actually, there wasn't an offical "pre-order" - VPG doesn't do that. The game was available early on as part of the Horror Pack bundle promotion, but that's it. So you really didn't miss anything! Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ltc jim
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Quick Question V1.01 vs 1.05

I just got my game in the mail (2 days after I ordered it = awesome) and the rules are 1.01. Since I have been reading the forum I downloaded the 1.05 rules but my question is besides the updated rules are there any other differences such as map, counters, event cards, hero or fate cards that I need to update? BTW the game looks great! v/r Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope - everything else is good-to-go! Thanks and enjoy! Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.