Popular Tags: [View All]
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to Salt Lake City for work next week. I have already scoped out the Game Night Games store online and will definitely be stopping in to check it out. Is there anything else in Salt Lake City that I should definitely check out? It does not have to be gaming related.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll miss the year anniversay for the gaming group up there on the 15th. If you hit GNG on tuesday at 7 you can attend the designers' guild meeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kelley
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
If you hit GNG on tuesday at 7 you can attend the designers' guild meeting.

Yup, the Board Game Designer's Guild of Utah will be meeting at Game Night Games at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, September 27. Anyone is welcome to come playtest games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Temple Square in downtown Salt Lake is an amazing place. It is of great religious importance to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints but has much to offer that is open and interesting to any visitor. Very cool religious and historical significance to the days of American expansion west.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Miller
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Working through the night Jeff fixed the broken link. After being fixed the broken link became Jeff's BGG profile.
mbmbmbmbmb
Site seeing wise:

Salt Lake being the epicenter of the LDS faith and all, there's a pretty decent amount to see related to that with the center of it being the SLC Temple in Temple Square. You can ask one of the many 'greeters' at each entrance to get you lined out or simply enjoy a stroll through the gardens.

With some wheels and a little extra time, Park City, on the back side of the mountain, has a variety of things from touring the Olympic facilities to more adventurous things like the Alpine Slide or lift service mountain biking.

If you're into giant holes in the ground Kennecott Copper Mine has the distinction of being one of the few man-made things viewable from space and does tours.

...Hope that gives you a couple ideas. If nothing else, I think you'll be in good hands at Game Night Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want an amazing breakfast, try The Original Pancake House. It's not exclusive to Salt Lake, but there is a location just a block from Game Night Games.

790 East 2100 S # 400
Salt Lake City, UT 84106-2594
(801) 484-7200
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you like pizza, visit The Pie Pizzeria up at the University of Utah campus, only about five minutes or so from Game Night Games.

1320 E 200 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Krieble
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the copper mine is nice, but it's a drive to get to.

There's also a nice air museum about 45 min north of SLC that's worth going to.

Visit Ft. Harrison too. right in town by the university.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.