Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
A blog post about the weapons I experienced and the first feel of H&P

What is it about those French?

They strike us as sometimes uppity, sometimes arrogant, often pedantic. Righteously proud of the smallest achievements. Like a dry crusty Croissant from the local imitation bakery in your strip mall town.

Many (especially Parsians) treat Americans like crap. Well deservedly too I might add. Thank God I'm Australian is all I can say. Sorry fellas, had to throw that in there after travelling thru PAris to visit friends with the Texan wife.

Others are kind, warm, thoughful and gracious. Like the Brioche from the Patisserie on 93 Rue du Bac , The Patisserie Des Reves, light, almost sweet, and airy and subtle to taste. One of several specialty bakers I spent time at when last in Paris.

For me, I find the bluntness coupled with sophistication and the appreciation of the small and often finer things in life to be refreshing. You always know where you stand with a Frenchman (the women are another story that I can't share on the blog). If he is a friend he will have your back, if he owes you, he will honour his debt. He is generous to a fault. He is or can be noble. Yet noble in the egalitarian sense. He will share his best wine, his finest attempts at culinary heights, his bread.

If we stretch the crusty, buttery metaphor a little further we have H&P, the latest offering from LNL Publishing.

The French in this module are tough, mostly. They are different that is for sure. So different that it goes to the core of being French! Frenchness for French sake. But is it Brioche or Croissant?

These differences go beyond the quaint color of the counters, the sexy berets, and the Francophile names. When you finally play the French forces, you are thrust into a world of unique weapons, fascinating vehicles, and marksmen. Here is a snap shot of the weapons - JUST from this one scenario I am playing!

Take for instance the ANF-1 :
Click thru for the rest of the article, with equipment and in game pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.