United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm in space game mode and thinking of buying some of their mounted map boards (Deluxe Space Battle Maps product 5310). Do these still have the grey border though? The ones that came in my first run Fed Commander Klingon Border did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Terhune
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
This is a blatant example of frivolous geek gold spending.
badge
I spent 100 geek gold and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just popped mine open to take a look, and it seems the sides with large hexes do have borders, although they're not consistent. Some have them on three sides, others on only two. The sides with small hexes had no visible borders at all.

Now, I bought my copy when it was first released, so if they've changed the maps to eliminate the borders, I wouldn't be able to check that.

Ad Astra produces a black felt hex map that covers a 6' by 4' table. It's a tad pricey, though, at $45US. You can get it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tisdel
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
The Man with the Pointy Hat
mbmbmbmbmb
According to ADB, only the early runs of the mounted map boards have the gray edge. Subsequent runs did not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
jtisdel wrote:
According to ADB, only the early runs of the mounted map boards have the gray edge. Subsequent runs did not.
Thank you. I surfed their site for information on this detail but couldn't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.