Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno if this has been brought up before, but I have a question about this card:
What if there are no wretches, and the nearest emergence hole isnt within 4 spaces?
My understanding is that I don't spawn any wretch, but I suppose I don't even draw a new AI card, since the card doesn't say anything about drawing a new AI card.

Ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case we've been playing "nothing happens". No redraw. It's so rare, it actually feels like Christmas when this occurs once every blue moon.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tkelly wrote:
In this case we've been playing "nothing happens". No redraw. It's so rare, it actually feels like Christmas when this occurs once every blue moon.
TK

it happened to me in two solo games, with the emergence scenario.
good to know I wasn't wrong, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The catch is that sometimes there are multiple Emergence Holes within four range, and that is like anti-Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much the only scenario this is possible in is Emergence, however (you'll pretty much always be in range of your own tile's emergence hole, and even if it gets sealed there's probably another one within range as well). Considering it's the easy tutorial level, having a card that's a complete breather isn't a bad idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been going about China Shop with an aggressive approach to sealing emergence holes. Especially on level 2, if you manage to seal all three EHs, even the Drones spawning will take a while to reach you and have gotten this AI #11 a couple of times and have it do nothing. Still haven't managed to seal both EHs on the final tile, that would also accomplish the deed. Mostly seems my Bolos are hot early, cold late, at least as far as sealing goes, they still blow Locusts to bits nice enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.