Popular Tags: [View All]
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this without realizing the "Deluxe" edition I purchased makes some very undesirable changes to the game. The "superpeek" cards that randomly reveal to a player everyone's cards just seem to destroy all the tension in the game. Furthermore, the "invisible" designation on the back of each card, supposedly only visible when you use the "superpeek scanner" (one of those red transparent film things), are very readable to the naked eye. You can easily tell what each card is by looking at the backs.

I'm really shocked that Gamewright would wreck one of their games like this. I am going to write to them and see if they will hopefully swap my deluxe edition for the regular one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah we got the same thing, with the same reaction.

I didn't mind much because we had the base game already, this was a birthday present, so it wasn't a big deal. But it makes the game (even more) pointless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally disagree. I tell people to get this version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kandell
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't the readable backs ruin it for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, you can't see what's written there. I suppose you could really focus and try, but, it's not hard to ignore the text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.