Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Elder Sign» Forums » Variants

Subject: The Abominable Dr. Phibes Herald rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
V1.0 I originally created the good Doctor for Arkham Horror, but with the difficulty concerns for ES, decided to post him here first. As a Herald, his abilities are used just as stated on the card along with those of the Ancient One, and unlike the AO, he cannot be defeated.

If you haven't seen the Dr. Phibes movies, please do so. They're campy fun set right in the middle of the roaring 20's, with a Lovecraftian theme to boot.

I created this using the terrific Strange Eons software. I uploaded a zip file as well, which will hopefully show up before too long.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ordinary Evidence
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I was the only Dr. Phibes fan left in the world!

Thanks for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OrdinaryEvidence wrote:
I thought I was the only Dr. Phibes fan left in the world!

Thanks for this!

You are welcome. I'm sure some others came up with their own versions for Arkham Horror, but I felt this was a good time to unleash my version for Elder Sign and Arkham Horror.

I didn't really think through the abilities too much; rather, I just adapted the ones from my AH version. One of my concerns is that a lot of the ES Ancient Ones abilities aren't (often) that powerful or detrimental. In AH, Heralds have a lot of abilities and do so in this ES version as well.

I try to include abilities that are used frequently, rarely, and in very particular circumstances so as not to overwhelm the players. I like the Pickman ability, as it might make players think twice about gaining an Ally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.