Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SO played a game last night and had some trouble locating a few of the rules...

1. so one a bunch of cards it will stat you have to do various skill checks. but they phrase them something like this; luck check (-1) but then have this [2] thing. what is this square bracket thing and the numbers inside them?

2. i couldnt remember how the flying characters work. I rememberd it has to do with ending up in the streets..?

3. so when you are accumulating monsters in the outskirts, if you kill say all the monsters in arkham, do monsters from the outskirts just get added to the board somehow or do they simply act as counters until you are at the limit and start taking terror?

4. some things about the main monster guy (cant remember the term for the big one). So i cant find 2 things. there is a number in the top left of their card (eg -3). what does this denote? damage done in a battle round?
b. how do battles work with them? do they damage you and where is this seen?

4c. there is also a track on the bottom of the monster card. WHat is this for.

I think you move it up every time a portal opens and if it gets to the end you fight him, but can it go down? also do you move it up if there is a monster surge? i dont understand the track and its uses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseOlivier wrote:
SO played a game last night and had some trouble locating a few of the rules...

Tsk-tsk, someone's been lax with their rules memorization laugh ? I'm tossing these out from memory, last game of AH I played was in January of 2010.

Quote:
1. so one a bunch of cards it will stat you have to do various skill checks. but they phrase them something like this; luck check (-1) but then have this [2] thing. what is this square bracket thing and the numbers inside them?

# of successes need to pass the check (think of them as toughness (blood drops on monsters) for non-combat tests). Normally you only need one 5 or 6 to pass the check, but for [2] you need 2.

Quote:
2. i couldnt remember how the flying characters work. I rememberd it has to do with ending up in the streets..?

If it moves, either moves to an adjacent street with an investigator or to the Sky. From Sky, to an investigator on a street. FAQ has the best clarification for them, rulebook doesn't quite give the full monty on their rules.

Quote:
3. so when you are accumulating monsters in the outskirts, if you kill say all the monsters in arkham, do monsters from the outskirts just get added to the board somehow or do they simply act as counters until you are at the limit and start taking terror?

No, they sit in Outskirts until it overflows (barring special circumstances, mostly from expansions).

Quote:
4. some things about the main monster guy (cant remember the term for the big one). So i cant find 2 things. there is a number in the top left of their card (eg -3). what does this denote? damage done in a battle round?
b. how do battles work with them? do they damage you and where is this seen?

Combat modifier, same as monsters. So Fight 4, +5 from weapon and -3 modifier leaves you with 6 dice.

Right-hand side of the AO card you'll see what they do when they Attack. It's in black and bold. Check page 19 for more details.

Quote:
4c. there is also a track on the bottom of the monster card. WHat is this for.

Doom track, when it fills, the AO wakes up.

Quote:
I think you move it up every time a portal opens and if it gets to the end you fight him, but can it go down? also do you move it up if there is a monster surge? i dont understand the track and its uses

Gate opens, add a doomer. Monster surges don't add them. Doom track can go down though rarely. Most common is sealing a gate with an Elder Sign Unique Item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:

No, they sit in Outskirts until it overflows (barring special circumstances, mostly from expansions).

An easily overlooked circumstance, without expansions, is that closing a gate can remove monsters with the matching symbol from the outskirts, as well as from arkham proper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Dam the Man wrote:

Quote:

Well don't forget that when closing a gate monsters with matching symbols in the outskirts get sucked up as well so really just moon monsters are stuck there till it overflows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.