Subject: Goblins Frenzy Flexibility? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave G
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi Guys,

I know people have sort of answered this, but I wanna know if a definitive consensus has been reached.

If I have two goblins using a goblin frenzy order on a wall during a assault, can I choose to lose Zero, One or Two? Or should I assume I must always lose all of them. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
wc50 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I know people have sort of answered this, but I wanna know if a definitive consensus has been reached.

If I have two goblins using a goblin frenzy order on a wall during a assault, can I choose to lose Zero, One or Two? Or should I assume I must always lose all of them. Thanks!

It's all of them at that wall section. You can't pick and choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kiley
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
wc50 wrote:
Hi Guys,

It's all of them at that wall section. You can't pick and choose.

Someone mentioned this in another later thread, and seemed to make a lot of sense. (I've included the post below). Are we reading the rules wrong or is this a later clarification?

I'm just curious. (And sorry if this is confusing).

The Post Stated:

---
In the Orders section for Invaders, pg 11 in the VG printing:
Quote:
In Phase 6, the Invader can give orders to Units currently fighting. At least one Unit has to carry out the given order.

Later under goblins fury:
Quote:
Effect: Goblins fly into a fury. A furious goblin has strength 3. After the clash, regardless of the result, all goblins in fury die and are removed from the board.

This leads me to believe. That the invader can at his will dictate which goblins are "in fury" and which are not. At least one goblin must be in fury if the order is given and there is at least one goblin on the given wall section.

The rule does not state all goblins on the chosen wall section must follow the order so the general rule given in the beginning must hold true. Unless there is some issue with the rules I don't yet know about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
GreatDebate wrote:
At least one Unit has to carry out the given order.

This just means that there has to be that unit type at the wall in order to place the order. You can't place a Goblin Fury with only Trolls. Most orders are one unit only. Fury is for all goblins on that wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.