Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I don't know the answer. What does that make me? hmm...best not think about it.

Okay. If you advance Tech to level 2, do you still have the level 1 advantage as well, or do you lose it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course. Do you have a more specific example that puzzles you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not necessarily, but I assume they don't stack, right? For instance, level 3 brown would not allow you to recruit 7(3 from level 1 and 4 from level 3).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
They Stack.

When you advance to Level 2 you do NOT lose the Level 1 ability. At Level 3 you get Level 3, 2 & 1. The only sorta exception to this is the Grey that give you 3 movement then later possibly 4 movement...you don't end up with 7 movement.

I am not an official voice, but that is how we play it.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't stack, they superseed the lower levels

Purple is obvious that at level 4, Research Stations have 1 defence, 2VPs if rammed, Starships in Orbit count as 2 and 1VP for ramming.

Orange works like purple.

Grey and Brown have options that superseed the earlier ones, I.e Movement and Troop Recruiting.

Grey Tech 3 and higher gives 4 movement and NOT 9 (as mentioned above), at level 4 grey you will have Take move action then a second different action, 4 Movement and Launch/Land at Blockaded planets.

Brown is the same but at level 3 and higher you only get to recruit 4 troops again not 9.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.