Subject: Memoir '44 @ Origins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Leach
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone that went to the con see the Memoir '44 expansions? Eric had said that they would have the first couple out by Origins, just wanted to know if they made a showing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they did not. I actually had Eric teach me the game (I have it, but haven't played it). He did mention the expansions, but only in passing.

Rick Thornquist did get the goods on these packs, thankfully. You can read about them here:

http://www.gamefest.com/news/feature_detail/2794_0_3_0_C/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that link, Kevin. It answers a few questions about the expansions. It sounds as though DoW might have rethought not only the release strategy (all at once vs. over several months) but possibly also some content elements, with engineers now being included in the first expansion and only boards and scenarios in the third. I wonder if the winter/desert terrain tiles wiil come with the boards, or all together in the tile package.

Also interesting is the total absence of anything Pacific-related. Richard and Pat told me last year that the test form of a Pacific version (jungle and island assaults) is developed and ready. Sounds like this might be an entirely separate, stand-alone game if it ever sees the light of publication.

Sigh. September can't come too soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming that the Pacific version is being held in reserve for a 2006-2007 release - companies need to keep the pipeline full of new future releases - I'm sure they want something new to sell every year! I can wait - the Red Army stuff should satisfy me for now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
. . . . It answers a few questions about the expansions. It sounds as though DoW might have rethought not only the release strategy (all at once vs. over several months) but possibly also some content elements, with engineers now being included in the first expansion and only boards and scenarios in the third. I wonder if the winter/desert terrain tiles wiil come with the boards, or all together in the tile package. . . . Sigh. September can't come too soon.

I love Memoir'44 and I look forward to these expansions. It's a shame that we can't get them all bundled together. Perhaps this will be an option, too.

Anyhow, thanks for the information and the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Borges
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I didn't even know about the Memoir '44 expansions!
Thanks for the link, that is excellent news. It is an awesome game, and I've only played three scenarios over the past few months. Can't wait to see the new stuff for the Eastern Front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.