Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Mather
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I were playing a 2-player game, and we were thinking how could we go more laps given the card constraints. For one, we could use 2 decks...but that is too many freaking cards, plus we just don't have more. So...we tried it as follows:
Since each car is represented by 6 cards (6 cars/36 cards), then as EACH of your cars goes past the Start/Finish line for the first time just shuffle the discard deck and draw 6 more to add to your hand.
NASCAR scoring gives bonus points for leading a lap, so I added that if you were the first across the line you get a bonus card back into your hand.
Well, how did it go?
Not so well...6 cards(7 for 1st across) was too many back into your hand per car crossing the line. We average 6 unused cards at the end of each race, so there was not enough in the discard pile. So go with drawing 4 cards each time one of your cars crosses the Start/Finish, (including the card you used to get there, plus draw a 1 card bonus for crossing the line first). Draw back from your OWN discard pile, or else it becomes completely random after the first lap. Bet on cars for the long haul, not a quick sprint!
Combine multiple lap racing with the bumping rule for a little long term tactical racing with a few cards getting exchanged along the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to do for ex. 200 laps, make 30-40 pieces of paper with random numbers of laps, but the total of laps must be 200 laps. Then when the first car passed the finish line, draw a piece of paper and the number on the piece of paper is the number of laps the card was in the lead.
You can still draw six new cards for the car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Mather
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Rene!
Another good idea...just not sure I want to go 30-40 laps with this. Great for Real Action Stockcar Championship, but with this game, at least for me, needs to retain it's simplicity (yeah...as I add more tweaks!). If my wife no longer wants to play it then I have gone too far. Right now, going 2-3 laps with the bumping rule is still in her realm of enjoyment, and I get a little extra depth of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.