Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Dimailig
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have 2 questions:

What monster do you think is the best in the game?

Which monster do you think would fit best into any army regardless of race?

Thanks,
G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Today, we're all Spaniards!
GD360 wrote:
I have 2 questions:

What monster do you think is the best in the game?

Which monster do you think would fit best into any army regardless of race?

Thanks,
G

Very tough question, and all depends on your playing style. Most of the monsters, in my opinion, are quite well balanced.

My wife has been playing Goblins, and the filthy little buggers have been kicking me to the curb. I bought a Troll for her, and he has two results that act as 4 saves, or regenerate up to 4 health of units. O-U-C-H. When he's in an army, it's got legs!

Goblin Harpies present another great set of attributes. They are SUPER maneuverable. They've got 1 shield, and 3 wing results. The wing results act as manuever points or saves. Combine that with their ID result, and they've got 5 faces that generate saves. YIKES! They're a very defensive unit!

In my dwarf army, I've been quite happy with the lowly ROC monster. He's got two results called "seize." These results automatically slay 4 points of units if they don't roll ID results. Evern if they roll an ID result, they are removed to the reserve area. He's also got a "rend" face, which permits you to keep 4 melee results, then roll again.

I recently came into possession of a Dwarf Umber Hulk. He's got two "smite" results, which generate 4 hits, that cannot be saved against. 4 health points are dying, no matter what. He's also got "confusion," which permits him to force an enemy to reroll 4 saves, and use the new result. Nasty!

Again, it's all based on your play style. Maybe it would be better to ask "which of the monsters is best at each role?" (meaning offense, defense, manuever, magic, etc.)

Regards

Joseph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree there. Monsters can be very situational based on the army they are a part of and personal play style. If you favour alot of ranged attacking then a monster good at magic or maneuvers may be not so usefull, whereas the same creature can be great in someone elses force.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Burkley
United States
Hillsborough
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few monsters that are flexible to use in almost any army.
I find the Firewalker's Fireshadow monster to be the most versatile. The Create Fireminions SAI is useful for ANY army roll, plus it has a Cantrip SAI, Counter SAI, and Fly SAI that are all useful with any army. Access to 3 and 4 point blue and red magic spells (as well as the Firewalker racial spells) can give some interesting options to armies that might not have access to these colors, making the Fireshadow an interesting addition as a magician. Even one such monster can add a lot of options to any army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Dimailig
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the tips.

Troll definitely seems like a tough monster to go against. Good points on the harpies too.

I will have to look into the Fireshadow monster too.

Thanks,
G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toss a couple of Trolls into a Goblin army and you roll a LOT of regen !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.