Space Empires: 4X» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solitaire Alien Scenario Tech Intel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessicatz Fairymeadow
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
In the solitaire alien scenarios, do the alien players share the technology intel regarding the players technology levels?
If alien player A encounters player tech "Attack 1", does alien player B automatically know of it, too?

The more general question seems to be whether or not the alien players are supposed to be allies who share information, or two independently acting players without sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it with them sharing technology knowledge - your opponents at the table in a multiplayer game all know what you have, too.

I, on the other hand, have been wondering when to do the economic rolls for the aliens (and the fleet launch rolls). Before or after my own economic phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessicatz Fairymeadow
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
That's a good point... I'll play like that from now on. Easier to keep track that way as well.

The scenarios mention the player always taking a turn before the alien or doomsday machine. Though this refers to movement turns, I would extend it to economic phases as well. If the aliens were to specifically do their economic phases before the player, it surely would have said so somewhere in the scenario rules because it is important. (Technically they are supposed to happen at the same time, but obviously that's not possible)

Personally I always do my EP first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Hammacher
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer has stated in a different thread that, for the doomsday machine scenarios, the DM spawns before the player conducts his economic phase. So I've been conducting the AP economic phases before my own?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessicatz Fairymeadow
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
I'm not sure if the Doomsday scenarios are relevant, since they don't conduct economic phases at all.
There is nothing keeping players from doing the AP economic phases before their own if they wish, the rules doesn't say either way. I was just extending the general "AP movement happens after player movement" rule to the economic phases.

Personally I like that it is unknown to me what the AP will do next. The uncertainty of wondering whether or not it will launch a fleet this round adds to the scenario for me. That's why I do my economic phases first, and the AP's later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye, I guess it was the coward in me that wanted to know whether I could quietly tech for another round or whether an attack was imminent and I needed to build ships It'd certainly be more consistent if aliens would always conduct everything after the player, and not just movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessicatz Fairymeadow
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Just for reference, Jim Krohn clarified this in another post here.

Quote:
The AP Economic Phase is before your own. My thought on that is, if you were playing human players, you would be able to look at their actions and have some idea if they were building up for an attack. In the AP Solitaire Scenarios, it is more like the aliens are a bit of a black box with everything on the home planet. Having the AP go first gives you a little intel to offset that.

Obviously, the scenario works either way. If you find the AP scenarios are too easy, you can make it harder by taking your Economic Phase first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.