K K
msg tools
Hi I've got 2 questions.

1. With basic 4-player rules can Cylon Sympathizer (who is a unrevealed Cylon from his frist card) transfer his hidden loyaty card.
My guess is no, since it can be done only by discarding the super crisis card (resurrection ship rules), which the sympathizer does not get.

So, the resurrection ship is used only with 5 and 6 player variant.

What did the expansions change on that regard?

How does the transfer itself look? I take one card from each player and substitue one of it it with my card so that no one sees who got my card?

2. Can a unrevealed Cylon attack a civilian ship with his viper, or shoot it with BSG Gun Control?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About 1:
The cylon sympathizer can user the resurrection ship location; the only location he can't use is the Cylon Fleet location.

The player who uses the resurrection ship may change his Super Crisis card, if he's got any. Then he can give all of his unrevealed loyalty cards to another player.

That is, he gives his other cards to a single other player. Remember that if you have at least ONE "you are a Cylon" card, you are a Cylon. So, no matter how many cards he has got in his hand, if one of these is a "You are a Cylon", he becomes an unrevealed Cylon player.

Of course, a sympathizer can use the resurrection ship location even if his other loyalty cards are "You are not a cylon" cards. This can spread suspicion between players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can transfer your card. Just ignore the 'discard your super-crisis' part of the effect. (Maybe you're supposed to hand your card over when you get the sympathiser card, like when a cylon reveals? This might have changed in one of the expansions - I'm not sure)

For the transfer, you just hand the card to a player of your choice. Everyone can see who you give it to, just not what it is. (It might be a 'You are a human' card). You can use this to sow suspicion.

No, you can't shoot civilian ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Resurrection Ship has two actions, neither of which are dependent on the other. You can chose to discard a super crisis and draw a new one (if applicable). You can chose to give away your extra loyalty cards (if applicable). IMO, this was one of the improvements they got right in the expansions. Pegasus changes the cylon locations and reveal rules, part of the change being you get to hand over your loyalty cards automatically without an action and can pass your cards off immediately if you are a cylon during the sleeper phase. The confusion caused by giving loyalty cards add a new layer of fun to the game if the actual cylon has not revealed yet.
Also, there is no way for a human character to directly attack civilian ships in the base game. The closest you can get is using command/communication to leave the civilians unprotected. The expansion gives you the main batteries and Kat's OPG, but neither of those have been used for that level of sabotage before around me, mostly because you need a 1 to hit a civilian with the main batteries, so its unreliable for a reveal action and my group doesn't use Kat very often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If a Cylon-team Sympathizer couldn't pass off his unrevealed Loyalty Card(s), that'd make for a pretty imbalanced game. One gimped Cylon versus three Humans?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.