Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Kuhn
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the origianl AH and Defenders of the Realm. Mr. Launius was kind enough to post "his ideas" of house rules that could increase/decrease the difficulty of the games. Does anyone know if he has done this for Elder Sign? And if not, Mr. Launius, if you reading this, how about sharing some of your ideas....

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Richard is supposed to directly reply to any inquiries about his FFG games, or I'm sure he'd be all over that.

But in this thread, someone shared a couple things he had apparently shared...

Quote:
Each time it is Midnight the player that took the last turn advancing the clock rolls 1 Green Die and if they get a Terror, Peril or Lore result add 1 Token to the Doom Track. Then any lingering effects take place, and finally a new Mythos card is revealed.

As far as placing monsters. I also play that you cannot place a monster on a card that already has a monster until all cards have 1 monster, then you can add a second monster, but now each must have 2 before any can have a 3rd. This is also a simple rule and one that significantly impacts play for more tension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Honc
United Kingdom
London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
I don't think Richard is supposed to directly reply to any inquiries about his FFG games, or I'm sure he'd be all over that.

But in this thread, someone shared a couple things he had apparently shared...

Quote:
Each time it is Midnight the player that took the last turn advancing the clock rolls 1 Green Die and if they get a Terror, Peril or Lore result add 1 Token to the Doom Track. Then any lingering effects take place, and finally a new Mythos card is revealed.

As far as placing monsters. I also play that you cannot place a monster on a card that already has a monster until all cards have 1 monster, then you can add a second monster, but now each must have 2 before any can have a 3rd. This is also a simple rule and one that significantly impacts play for more tension.

It was exactly my kind of idea to increase difficulty. I only have more results:

1-3 investigations: 3, 6 or 9 hours delayed arrive into museum (switch clock to 3, 6 or 9 immediately).

Lore: Curse - all players lose half their trophies (rounded up).

Peril: Monster appears

Terror: Add Doom Token
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.