BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Looking for gamers near Cleveland OH rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Werner

Avon
Ohio
msg tools
Im from Avon. Are there any gamers in the area?? What kind of games is everyone into? Let me know if anyone would be willing to meet up sometime =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Shaw
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Tremont, and we have a regular group meet at my house, next time will be this coming Wednesday.

In addition, there are meetups at the Lakewood Library, Euclid Library, Nordonia Hills Library. I dont have that contact info, but Im sure you could call those libraries.

PM me if youre interested in Wednesday night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
German Mike
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is plenty of gaming in the area. Most of the events that Stephen mentionned are listed here:

http://www.meetup.com/clevelandgamers/

There is also an active BGG guild from BOGA, the Boardgamers of Greater Akron:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/529

Both sites would be excellent points from where to start from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Micheal's links are the way to go. The Cleveland Boardgamers Meetup site lists at least one public event almost every weekend, from the Nordonia, Euclid, Mentor, Lakewood, Medina, and Painsville libraries to Underhill's Games in Cuyahoga Falls. Plus we have the weekend-long Gamer's Retreat every spring at Camp Carl in Ravenna, OH.

A typical library event pulls in anywhere from 5 to 25 people, the Underhill's events regularly pull in 50 to 60, and the annual spring retreat should be up around 80 people in 2012.

Euros are probably the most commonly played, but games of all types hit the table, and there are always dozens of games to choose from.

Join the Meetup site, RSVP for an event, and we'll see you around the gaming table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Anderson
United States
Cleveland - West Side
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi!

My husband and I recently became interested in trying this world of gaming because we wanted something different than our evenings of Risk, Scrabble, Monopoly, Stratego, etc. I created an account today and started exploring games - we would also like to find people to play with, as long as they don't mind people who are EXTREMELY new to this. We loathe winter in NE Ohio and are always looking for something fun indoors! We would like to play anything and live on the west side - looking forward to the social aspect b/c we don't know many people in the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.