Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On going effect of one of the Mythos Cards reads - All tasks that require at least 1 investigation result require an additional investigation result.

How does this work, especially when dealing with a task with multiple investigation icons???

Does it mean that any task that contains at least 1 investigation icon has the total investigations need for the task increased by 1?

If that's the case does it require a different dice?

Or, does it mean that every occurrence of an investigation icon in any task has its individual number increased by 1?

Or, does it simply add a new investigation icon to each task that already contains one that can be resolved with a investigation die result of any number?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Foley
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm reasonably certain it means each individual Investigation requirement on a task is increased by 1. So, a 3 Inv would be increased to 4, a 7 would be increased to an 8, etc. That's how I play it, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Hall
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played that specific card to mean that each investigation icon is now +1. There are many adventure cards that require multiple investigations. If the card says Investigation(8), I take conspiracy to mean Investigation(9)...and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Denning
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xfoley8 wrote:
I'm reasonably certain it means each individual Investigation requirement on a task is increased by 1. So, a 3 Inv would be increased to 4, a 7 would be increased to an 8, etc. That's how I play it, anyway.

I agree with this as the card says additional investigation result not task.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It means the TOTAL value of a SINGLE tasks' investigation requirements is increased, not EACH occurrence of the icon within the task/s.

The wording is mainly intended for players using Amanda Sharpe, in which they would need to add 1 additional investigation for EACH task as they try to complete them on a single roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.