Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
The next session of the Orleans Game Group will be held on Thursday 29 September 2011.

We will start around 6:30 and go until about 10:00pm.

The address is: Canadian Legion Branch 632 - Orleans, 800 Taylor Creek Road, upstairs via the door on the right There is a bar and snacks available Please bring $2.00 as a donation for the Legion

Please thumb up this post to move it to the boardgamegeek front page to attract more gamers and tell your friends to come out and support this newly minted group!

Note that hats are not allowed in the Legion and that you must dress respectfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll be there this week bringing a couple of new card games I picked up recently:

Tichu
No Thanks!

Trevor, are you still up for Merchants & Marauders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soofaloofa wrote:
I'll be there this week bringing a couple of new card games I picked up recently:

Tichu
No Thanks!

I'll be there. I got Tigris and Euphrates on the weekend and I would like to try it out 4-player. Sam and I tried it 2-player on the weekend so I know the rules and should be able to explain them.

Sam also picked up Runewars, but that game is a bit too long for Games Night. Sam will be there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
Why why why didn't I set up a RRGSP! (Registered Retired Gamer Saving Plan)
badge
So many games.... so little time...
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there as well, no new additions this week alas.... so it will be my usual gaggle of goodies.

Does anyone want me to throw Memoir 44 in the bag for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor The Aussie
Canada
flag msg tools
Definitely up for it. Should I bring it in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Cameron and I should be there. I'm open for whatever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor The Aussie
Canada
flag msg tools
soofaloofa wrote:

Bad news on the Merchants and Marauders. Finally got around to opening it and found that it was missing one of the punch out boards. It had a duplicate of one of the other punch out boards. Have emailed for the part but not holding my breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mooch68 wrote:
soofaloofa wrote:

Bad news on the Merchants and Marauders. Finally got around to opening it and found that it was missing one of the punch out boards. It had a duplicate of one of the other punch out boards. Have emailed for the part but not holding my breath.

I can bring my copy if you really want to play it this Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor The Aussie
Canada
flag msg tools
Sounds good. Who else is keen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Deyette
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there this week with a bag of assorted games. (let me know if there are any further requests) But, I really hope to get in on a game of Merchants and Marauders or Tigris and Euphrates (one of my favorites... especially with 4 players).

See you Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll be in for Merchants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Leduc
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwdeyette wrote:
I'll be there this week with a bag of assorted games. (let me know if there are any further requests) But, I really hope to get in on a game of Merchants and Marauders or Tigris and Euphrates (one of my favorites... especially with 4 players).

See you Thursday.

Me too. But I'd lean more towards Tigris and Euphrates than M&M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm up for M&M or T&E or whatever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
PS, I have an iPad now so if anyone wants to play some multiplayer games some time you can send me the games you have and your online handle and we can try some out.

Rick? I know you have an iPad, what games do you recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor The Aussie
Canada
flag msg tools
Would love to see the games on the ipad if you want to bring it in.

Don't have one yet, but thinking of getting one in the next few months...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mooch68 wrote:
Sounds good. Who else is keen?

There be PIRATES! Arrggghhhh

Almost as good as a Space Game! Count me in! arrrh

HHhhmmm might have to break out my cloning machine... so many games - so little time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soofaloofa wrote:
PS, I have an iPad now so if anyone wants to play some multiplayer games some time you can send me the games you have and your online handle and we can try some out.

Rick? I know you have an iPad, what games do you recommend?

Hey Kevin

#1 game that I am addicted to right now is Shadow Era a card based battle game similar to Magic I think (never played Magic though so I can't say for sure) My handle there is Kesrith.

My #2 has been NS Hex, but its only against the AI from what I can see. I've heard that they are working on a multiplayer update.

#3 was Crimson Steam Pirates again only AI from what I can tell. Unfortunately it only has a few scenarios and requires further purchases for a few more chapters.

#4 is Disc Drivin' HD, it's a lot like Pitch Car, no AI on that one though, it's either pass and play or random or friend invites. I'm Rjay on that one. I usually play my grandsons or a random player on the Internet but it takes a while to finish a race that way.

If you want a graphically amazing game check out Infinity Blade, the game itself get's a little repetitive after a while, but it's impressive to see in action. Another one that is quite good (graphically and not too bad) is Asphalt 6 a street racing game.

If you are into Puzzle games I recommend Demolition Master, Cut the Rope and Nintail.

I also have a bunch of minor games (like Sid Myers Pirates) connected through the Game Center - my id there is Zaathras (I'm a B5 fan)

I've downloaded a lot of games that go free for a few days, some I've kept but never had the time to really play them. If you find something that you like that has multiplayer send me a quick note and I'll see if we can set it up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mooch68 wrote:
Would love to see the games on the ipad if you want to bring it in.

Don't have one yet, but thinking of getting one in the next few months...

I'll try to remember to bring mine in - many of the games require WiFi (did not get the 3G version) and so may not play at the Legion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks guys!
I had fun with Mission: Red Planet, Jaipur, No Thanks! and The Resistance.

(Now we just have to teach Bob how to play The Resistance correctly and the world will all be good whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor The Aussie
Canada
flag msg tools
M&M was fun. But I want to check out some of the alternate house rules, don't like how I just get in the swing of it and bang the game is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kieswetter
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed Mission: Red Planet and not just because I won! The steampunk vibe was a tad artificial, but I got a kick out of the different character cards and how careful selection can be thwarted by the cards played by others. Additionally, a huge shout out to Jamie for the movement clarification that added some extra strategy to the Explorer card.

Next I got to try Forbidden Island which was a tad hectic, but once the rules were wholly grasped I saw the potential of how engaging the game can be. Sort of a living puzzle, where the pieces keep shifting. Our team of four lost to the game when our helipad sunk, even playing with the novice set of criteria.

A quick few hands of No Thanks! proved once again that I do not shine at card games.

Last but not least, another rowdy round of The Resistance. Hmmm ... a double agent made for some VERY interesting discussions, accusations and theories!

Until next time ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madhattersneverland wrote:
Thanks guys!
I had fun with Mission: Red Planet, Jaipur, No Thanks! and The Resistance.

(Now we just have to teach Bob how to play The Resistance correctly and the world will all be good whistle

Yep a good time definitely.... as for Bob - heck I used to work with this guy - imagine!!! gulp.... better yet don't!

Really enjoyed Merchants and Marauders - I agree about the quick end though, although to play it any other way I suspect would turn it into an all-niter .... I really really enjoyed the theme, for the most part that worked really well.

As for the Resistance.... 10 makes for a very Very tough game for the good guys to win - even with Bob pulling a double agent thingie shake

See y'all in two weeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.