Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » General

Subject: 3rd printing - Any problems? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Rogers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Can anyone with the 3rd printing please report on the components and if there are any errors that are new or uncorrected from previous editions? I was about to buy the second printing with a replacement deck, but the store to which I have a gift card is now only selling the 3rd printing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
Avatar
mb
namnad510 wrote:
Can anyone with the 3rd printing please report on the components and if there are any errors that are new or uncorrected from previous editions? I was about to buy the second printing with a replacement deck, but the store to which I have a gift card is now only selling the 3rd printing.

Replacement deck? What gets replaced? I hadn't heard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Rogers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
The backs of the Age III cards in the second printing were mis-colored. The majority of the cards were lighter, and the 6 cards that came packaged with the Age II cards were darker.

The replacement deck is a whole new set of Age III cards I believe.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:

Replacement deck? What gets replaced? I hadn't heard.


In the 2nd Printing, the back side of the Age III Military cards don't quite match the color of the rest of the Age III cards. It's small enough that some people don't notice, but for others, it's very annoying. Anyway, Asmodee was kind enough to offer a replacement Age III deck to correct for this problem.

As for the original question, I haven't seen the 3rd printing of the game myself, so I don't know what's changed at all.

EDIT: ninja'd
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered a copy of 7W from Amazon yesterday, so I am desperately hoping it will be a 3rd edition copy. If it is, I will give an update. Should arrive tomorrow.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
Avatar
mb
Then I'm pretty sure the new copy I just ordered is the 3rd edition; I can't see any difference between military cards and other ones:

Although I will point out that the entire deck has variance among the backs of the cards—some have a more pinkish tinge toward their bottom left corner, whereas others are straight purple. But this doesn't separate the military cards from the rest; the pinked purple–full purple continuum affects both groups (military; non-) of cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Rogers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
Then I'm pretty sure the new copy I just ordered is the 3rd edition; I can't see any difference between military cards and other ones:

Although I will point out that the entire deck has variance among the backs of the cards—some have a more pinkish tinge toward their bottom left corner, whereas others are straight purple. But this doesn't separate the military cards from the rest; the pinked purple–full purple continuum affects both groups (military; non-) of cards.


The third printing should have 4 different awards logos on the front of the box. Does your copy have that?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
Avatar
mb
namnad510 wrote:
HuginnGreiling wrote:
Then I'm pretty sure the new copy I just ordered is the 3rd edition; I can't see any difference between military cards and other ones:

Although I will point out that the entire deck has variance among the backs of the cards—some have a more pinkish tinge toward their bottom left corner, whereas others are straight purple. But this doesn't separate the military cards from the rest; the pinked purple–full purple continuum affects both groups (military; non-) of cards.


The third printing should have 4 different awards logos on the front of the box. Does your copy have that?

Nope, just one. Looks like I have second, then. Thanks for the heads-up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August T
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's another thread about this in which I and few others got 3rd edition from Amazon. The problem with card backs seems to be fixed in 3rd ed. Go for it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Griffiths
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
I just got my copy from Amazon and it has 4 award logos on the front. I guess I got the 3rd edition.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When did the 3rd print start getting circulated?

I'm planning on picking this game up at the end of the month. Hopefully the store has copies in stock.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotora wrote:
When did the 3rd print start getting circulated?

I'm planning on picking this game up at the end of the month. Hopefully the store has copies in stock.


It's actually been out for quite a while now. The key is to check the front of the box-- if it lists FOUR (or more) awards on the front, then it is a third (or newer) printing.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I knew to look for the awards, but I wanted to know the liklihood of there being a 3rd print copy in stock.

http://www.rprod.com/en/7W-rules/gallery.html

I'm assuming it's the box pictured in this gallery (though it looks like it has 5 awards on the front; 1 on the left; 4 on the bottom).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotora wrote:
Thanks. I knew to look for the awards, but I wanted to know the liklihood of there being a 3rd print copy in stock.

http://www.rprod.com/en/7W-rules/gallery.html

I'm assuming it's the box pictured in this gallery (though it looks like it has 5 awards on the front; 1 on the left; 4 on the bottom).


I'm not an expert, but the 3rd printing doesn't include the SdJ award on the cover. I don't know if it's technically a 4th printing or not, but the newer boxes do have the SdJ (like the one in the gallery linked above).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.