Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sat down to play this today and the rules that came with the game are extremely vague. Does anybody know how to play this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you would like I'll pass along a copy of the rules that came with my game.

Gg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Gallardo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased this game recently and decided to totally ignore the rules.

Try these versions instead:

3D Hook-Move Chess

Parallel Worlds Chess

Or find one of many 3D chess variants listed at chessvariants.org.

--Raymond
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Myers
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The box art is useless, and the rules teach the wrong game. (The rules are a pretty good technical description of how to play chess the normal way.)

But really, I think this is mostly a board with pieces. It's more of a gaming accessory than a real game on it's own. It's a nice board though.

Pick a set of rules online and go play!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the best set of rules to use with this board setup is Millennium 3D Chess. The rules for M3DC are well thought out and provide numerous examples of how each different piece moves. This ruleset simply puts the standard 2D Chess rules together with logical 3D movement. No tricks or gimicks, just straight forward 3D Chess!

Anyway, I've lost my original rulebook somewhere along the way and found the M3DC rules to be better suited to my vision of 3D Chess using this wonderful Chess set. The pieces are very light, which leads to problems if the board is jostled. I don't care for the pieces much, but they could easily be fixed by filling the pieces with silicone, or adding some kind of weight to the bases.

All that being said, if someone happens to have an electronic copy of the original rules for this game, I'd appreciate getting my hands on a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.