Bryan Kinsella
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All -

First off thank you to all the customers who bought this game and given their feedback. It has been exciting to see and hear the enthusiasm for the game system and I think for most it's feeling like Star Trek in a way that other games haven't been able to scratch.

We've reviewed all submitted replacement requests we received through this weekend (via http://heroclix.com/replacement/ where you should go for replacements for this game) - We encourage you to file sooner rather than later. So far the rate is quite reasonable for the quantity of sales that have occurred when comparing to similar products.

Note: if you're missing command posts - please do look under the ship insert.

Replacements leave at the end of every week (Fridays) - so please understand if you submit something today or over the past weekend it may be a couple of weeks before you get it.

We're working on an FAQ to release in the next week or two for rules questions - although we'd rather get it right than fast.

Thanks again for your support - other duties will prevent me from visiting/posting as much as I have the past week,

Bryan Kinsella
WizKids
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be changes to the 2nd printing (other than the different box art I've read about)? There are some component issues that I hope will be addressed. Namely the thin tiles. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm much more interested in hearing about the future expansions such as cardassians and romulans. I assume each one of those would be boxes containing 100 command cards for the faction and 12 minis. The borg would be far too powerful as a playable race so maybe borg encounter cards to be added to the encounter deck and maybe a borg cube figure that randomly moves around the board and attacks anything in range.

Despite the production problems, this is a fantastic game and I can't get enough of it. Once the expansions come out it will be even better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doctor_Zaius wrote:
I'm much more interested in hearing about the future expansions such as cardassians and romulans. I assume each one of those would be boxes containing 100 command cards for the faction and 12 minis. The borg would be far too powerful as a playable race so maybe borg encounter cards to be added to the encounter deck and maybe a borg cube figure that randomly moves around the board and attacks anything in range.

Despite the production problems, this is a fantastic game and I can't get enough of it. Once the expansions come out it will be even better.

I'm thinking an original series / Enterprise era expansion, 12 ships and their cards, 100 Command Cards, some new Encounter cards

Romulan
Dominion/Cardassian
DS9 Federation
Encounters set (Borg, Ferengi, etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:
Will there be changes to the 2nd printing (other than the different box art I've read about)? There are some component issues that I hope will be addressed. Namely the thin tiles. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Karnak predicts you won't be seeing this for some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
turtleback wrote:

Karnak predicts you won't be seeing this for some time.

They aren't tiles, that is the issue. No one tried to pass them off a tiles either. They're referred to as location cards. Games like settlers and whatnot use tiles but we shouldn't assume that makes these gameplay tiles. And these at least don't warp all over. And can be shuffled much more easily
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replacements only states it will replace up to two models. What happens if you have more than that broken on removal of shrinkwrap and opening of the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Kinsella
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
GreyLord wrote:
Replacements only states it will replace up to two models. What happens if you have more than that broken on removal of shrinkwrap and opening of the box?

An email address should pop up. We ask that you send in photos to help us fix the issues.

As to earlier questions in this thread - we have lots of hopes and ideas, but we'll have to see how sales go for this print run for expansions etc.

- Bryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doctor_Zaius wrote:

I think the Borg could still work, but they would need a seperate mission set (perhaps called Assimilation missions?) and a few rule tweaks. Also, Borg Cubes would need to be, lets say about 9 or 10 points perhaps? They also would need to be out of scale or else they wouldn't fit on the location cards.

But yeah, I'd like Romulans, Cardassians and Dominion first anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've put out a great game, and a few growing pains aren't going to suppress the enjoyment I'm going to get out of this thing. I'm really looking forward to the future expansions, especially anything Dominion/Cardassian related (needs me a Sisko card!)

Now off to paint!

PS-The card quality is fine. While they are thin, they seem to be made of high quality material and are quite flexible. I own games with thicker cards that are far less resilient than the ones included with Fleet Captains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bchlax944 wrote:
They aren't tiles, that is the issue. No one tried to pass them off a tiles either. They're referred to as location cards. Games like settlers and whatnot use tiles but we shouldn't assume that makes these gameplay tiles. And these at least don't warp all over. And can be shuffled much more easily

The rules themselves refer to them as tiles at least once.

In any case, I don't find it to be much of a bother; at least, not as much as receiving busted ship minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Obvious
msg tools
Hi Bryan,

I've been following the development of this game for quite a while now and was bitterly disappointed that the ships aren't painted. The reasoning behind this is that I really couldn't care less about the game itself, I'm only interested in the ships.

So here I am, as a collector with an almost complete set of Star Trek and Star Wars Micro Machines, Furuta, Romando (the Enterprise-E is a great match for Micro Machines rubbish version), Konami, even the big playmates electronic ships - I collect them all.

In this set there's some fantastic sculpts - the Negh'var looks gorgeous, I'm a sucker for anything Defiant-related (DS9 version), the Prometheus looks good and I'm especially interested in the Sabre-class. So what's my point?

Well, I'm wondering if Wizkids (who seem to frequent these forums) would consider a 'unique ship'/'collectors' set whereby the set is:

- only unique sculpts, no doubling on the Bird of Prey etc
- all ships painted
- no game structures (ie no board, no cards etc)

and sell it as an internet exclusive? As I say I'm not interested simply because I don't want the game, and the ships aren't painted. Might try to pick up a Sabre if someone sells piecemeal though. Anyway just a thought to tap the Collector market such as myself, those who just don't have enough incentives to buy in at the moment.

cheers :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good customer service goes a very long way towards lessening the negative impacts of a bad print run.

Hopefully the instances of defective and/or broken minis aren't as prevalent as posts suggest. At a guess I'd assume that this was possibly due to using a factory that is new to the miniatures assembly process.

In this case it is probably a good thing WizKids didn't go painted with these. ow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Obvious au wrote:
Hi Bryan,

I've been following the development of this game for quite a while now and was bitterly disappointed that the ships aren't painted. The reasoning behind this is that I really couldn't care less about the game itself, I'm only interested in the ships.

You're kidding right? You're "bitterly disappointed" because they made a game instead of a set of models for collecters? And the name of this website is "Board Game Geek", not "Minatures Collectors Corner"? You're kidding right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Gill
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a gamer am bitterly disappointed, that Airbus & Boeing make airplanes and not a decent airline-management game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Obvious
msg tools
The Old Man wrote:
Hi Bryan,

You're kidding right? You're "bitterly disappointed" because they made a game instead of a set of models for collecters? And the name of this website is "Board Game Geek", not "Minatures Collectors Corner"? You're kidding right?

Nope. I've been following the game because I was interested in the mini's, nothing more. There has never been a mini of the Saber/Sabre-class before, and the Negh'var in particular is light-years ahead of the only other mini, the rather small Micro Machines. In addition, this is the only place I've found regarding direct contact with Wizkids.

I don't mock you for what you like, I'm curious as to why you feel it's okay to mock me for what I like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I like meeples! Please mock me! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we get replacements for ships that just won't clix?
I have about six of them, and the blisters on my right thumb to prove it.

But the thing is, I can't very well take pictures of ships not clixing, now can I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="The Old Man"][q="Captain Obvious au"]

I don't mock you for what you like, I'm curious as to why you feel it's okay to mock me for what I like?

... because as he said this isn't a miniature painted sculpting forum, this is a boardgame forum... about a BOARDGAME where you stated you didn't care about the BOARDGAME...

*mind explodes*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:

But the thing is, I can't very well take pictures of ships not clixing, now can I?

This might not work for you, but whenever I encountered a ship whose dial would refuse to budge in the desired direction, I could twist it in the opposite direction and it would usually go all the way around to where I needed it to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
weishaupt wrote:

This might not work for you, but whenever I encountered a ship whose dial would refuse to budge in the desired direction, I could twist it in the opposite direction and it would usually go all the way around to where I needed it to be.

Thanks for the reply, William.
I had tried it, and it worked for a couple of them, but not for all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Jackson
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to throw in a thanks to WizKids who acknowledged the QC issues and seem to be working hard to replace items via their website, from my personal experience. I'm hoping the game can overcome these issues to sell well enough and warrant an expansion.

Also to the clix, if you'd like to DIY fix-it, you can pop off the bottom of the clix dial gently with a flathead screwdriver inserted between the plates and gently twisted in a few spots (NOT where the dial's text is though). VERY lightly sandpaper any burrs off the nubbins on the inside of the bottom ring, using a fine grit. Start with a few light passes, close it up and see how it is. Take of too much and your won't have a clix, you'll have a spinner. Did this on a few of mine, and after a minute of work, they were clixing away happily.

EDIT: go look at this user's post for really nice pics and instructions:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/704424/how-to-properly-f...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm holding off judgement. So far WizKidz has treated me like a criminal and as if I'm trying to steal from them when I'm only trying to get replacements. I sent an email to them on the Weekend and no response on that even. I don't have a scanner or digital camera (my wife does however) connected to my computer on which I browse the internet, which means I burn any to CD.

I'm a little irked, would say more, but will try sending a Geekmail first...if I DO have to take pictures, I'll try getting them posted to the Geek so you guys can see what wonderful people WK are being in refusing to replace all the broken models that came with my game.

At least they didn't ship them as Titan Generals where all the generals aren't seen and then there is absolutely NO response on the matter...but a response without any action to help rectify the matter is almost as bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
GreyLord wrote:
I'm holding off judgement. So far WizKidz has treated me like a criminal and as if I'm trying to steal from them when I'm only trying to get replacements. I sent an email to them on the Weekend and no response on that even. I don't have a scanner or digital camera (my wife does however) connected to my computer on which I browse the internet, which means I burn any to CD.

I'm a little irked, would say more, but will try sending a Geekmail first...if I DO have to take pictures, I'll try getting them posted to the Geek so you guys can see what wonderful people WK are being in refusing to replace all the broken models that came with my game.

At least they didn't ship them as Titan Generals where all the generals aren't seen and then there is absolutely NO response on the matter...but a response without any action to help rectify the matter is almost as bad.

They've responded several times with a link to follow to get replacements. Everyone who has dealt with them so far has said that they were quick with shipping replacements out, and it sounds like you haven't gotten a response from them stating that you're out of luck. In fact, it sounds like they've responded asking your for pictures so they can replace what you need. So I'm withholding judgment on your post, because it sounds like you're condemning them before you've even tried to get replacements.

And asking for pictures isn't treating you like a criminal, so stop being melodramatic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryan,

Thanks for communicating here at BGG regarding this game. It seems everyone agrees that the game play for ST:FC is outstanding, and that the game captures the theme better than nearly any other Star Trek game ever has.

With that being said, what chances, if any, are there that your company might consider marketing a Premium Edition of this game? By Premium Edition, I mean with prepainted minis and thicker tiles and such. Here is a picture or two of what I would envision, mocked up using Micromachines minis and TI3 tiles...what could have been!

If I could get this kind of presentation, plus the apparently awesome gameplay, I'd pay in the neighborhood of $200 for such a package. This isn't unheard of - for example, we have FFG putting out two different Dust Tactics packages - a less expensive unpainted (though primed) version, and a more expensive premium edition that is fully prepainted. Of course, there is also the example of War of the Ring, with the standard unpainted game, and the more expensive (and in this case, limited edition) prepainted Collector's Edition.

So, is there a possibility of WK producing a Premium Edition "Fleet Captains"? If so, what would it take to get WK to take that plunge, and how could those of us who would want to see it happen help to make it a reality?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.