Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesus CaƱada Ramos
Spain
Barcelona
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to know if there are many similarities/differences between Firestorm: armada and Battlefleet Gothic. At first the latter reminds me the former, but maybe someone who pleyed both can tell me something about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Nilsson
Sweden
Stenungsund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Compared to BFG ships will turn on a dime in FSA (i.e. they turn very quickly). The damage system is different with the FSA system being, dare I say, more random. Targeting in BFG depends on how the target ship is moving relatively to the shooter whereas in FSA it is a function of range alone. BFG is an IGO-UGO and FSA is alternating activations where the players take it in turns move a ship or a squadron at a time.

Just from the top of my head. The feel is quite different when you play I find.

*Edited for language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks for giving the difference. I was just pondering this question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crescent wrote:
Compared to BFG ships will turn on a dime in FSA (i.e. they turn very quickly). The damage system is different with the FSA system being, dare I say, more random. Targeting in BFG depends on how the target ship is moving relatively to the shooter whereas in FSA it is a function of range alone. BFG is an IGO-UGO and FSA is alternating activations where the players take it in turns move a ship of a squadron at a time.

Just from the top of my head. The feel is quite different when you play I find.

Good summary of differences.
Also, due to the turn structures FA lends itself better to multiplayer than BFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.