John Rivera
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I find the pitch very well for this game, only thing that we always have issue is the Touch down or Goal zone is very small.

Say my thrower is trying to throw a long ball,
But the opposition has their players lined up and naturally have occupied (blocked) the only space available in the goal area, I need to push my players to the area before I throw the ball in the Goal zone...

Do you find the Goal (touchdown) area a bit small , would it
not been better if the designer could have extended some pitch in each end zone..

Best Regards
J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No the end zone is fine. Not sure how your brother is lining up all his guys in the end zone. But he can't block all the spaces there would be holes. Just push one of his guys into the fans that will create at least two spaces probably 3 and you should be able to squeeze a catcher in no problem.

Besides how would making a deeper end zone solve this. He'd just line all his guys up across the first row anyway and then your pushes would only move someone back one space and you'd be in worse shape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rivera
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
True.
Good point. Thank you, we shall try this tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you can't defend from the endzone. Being on the edge of the board is dangerous (unless you have Stand Firm or Side Step). There is no sure defense in Blood Bowl, there is just trying to mitigate the risks that your opponent's team is designed to exploit. Some teams can dodge right through tackle zones (stunty, dodgers) so it pays to put people with Tackle near the gaps. Others are strong and if they are stronger than you, you probably want to slow them by not moving adjacent to them and keeping a defense line that can fall back with another line behind it. Just depends. Best way to stop them from scoring is to find a way to get the ball from them (but you also have to have a place to get it out of their reach also). Fun game with lots of strategic depth and since it all comes down to die rolls you have to prepare for the worst always (and sometimes the worst happens and there is nothing you can do about it).

Have fun!

Also it is usually better to carry the ball into the End Zone than have it thrown to you there. Pass to an open guy have him run in and score. Inaccurate passes near the edge of the board could have the ball ending up anywhere. Especially if your opponent has large presence there, better to throw to where you have a large presence and then try to create the hole (or create the hole and then try the pass).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It gets thrown back in. Roll a d6 on a 1-2 it goes diagonally to the left, 3-4 it goes straight out, and 5-6 it goes diagonally to the right (from the square it exited from). Then you roll 2d6 and add them together to find out how far it goes (2-12 squares), if it goes out of bounds again you repeat and then it can be caught or bounces if the square is empty or the catch fails.

Unless a Troll eats it thinking it is a goblin, then everyone goes home (just kidding).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Allen
Australia
TERALBA
NSW
flag msg tools
The space left intentionally blank
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall rightly..... The 2nd Ed of the game had a Touchdown zone that was 2 squares wide (the board was make of hardened stryofoam and was way cooler than the newer ones IMO). Get yourself an old copy of the game and you can have extanded TD zones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
some_guy wrote:
If I recall rightly..... The 2nd Ed of the game had a Touchdown zone that was 2 squares wide (the board was make of hardened stryofoam and was way cooler than the newer ones IMO). Get yourself an old copy of the game and you can have extanded TD zones.

It is better now. The board was cool though. You don't need the extra line and the measurements aren't the same (squares width/length).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.