Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
On a large point scenario, would it make sense to go all zombie?

On the Doomsday scenario, you get 26 points for troops. If you took 24 of those points for Strumzombies, that is 24 zombies a turn shambling in. With this massive number of troops, (especially, if you kept them out of sight for 2-3 turns), could you just overwhelm the Allied forces with sheer numbers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose you could try. With the limit of one figure per space, though, there's a good chance they'll actually be more limiting to you than to your opponent.

If you give it a try, post how it worked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
The limiting factor is going to how many you can actually get onto the board through the entrances. If you have 5AP per zombie, and a straight hallway to move down, you can get 5 zombies per turn in per entrance.

Most scenarios put a turn in the entrance, which slows down the zombie entrance rate even more. Sure, yo can compensate for a bit by using CP to move the lead zombies an extra space or two, but you're still going to be choked back by the number of entrances.

We've found that with even six zombies, we'll reach a point where there are so many clogging the entrances we forget to even spawn them.

I've made good use of six, and could possibly even see nine as a possibility in a huge scenario. I would never take more than one batch of zombies per entrance point, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.