Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When a hidden traitor plays the Fate card, will he be forced to reveal his traitor identity? I guess not, such that he can pretend a loyal knight and perform the loyal part as printed on the Fate card. Otherwise, it is weird that playing the Fate card would likely reveal loyalty identity. Am I correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct. The traitor can choose to pretend to be a loyal knight when they play the Fate card. Therefore you can't be certain a knight is really loyal when they play this card for the good guys.

If you're interested...my group played this wrong a few times and had people reveal their loyalty card whenever they played the Fate card. It made the game easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree. Some of my friends accidentally reveal their loyal identities when playing Fate. When I will introduce Shadow over Camelot to new groups, I would particularly brief this card before starting the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened last night is that someone played the fate card, and a different person revealed that they were the traitor. Is that a valid interpretation of the rule? She was confused and thought that she could reveal herself at that time.

because things were revealed, we ruled that she could reveal herself, but since she didn't play the card, we didn't have to lose two cards each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.