Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I just got the game, looks pretty fun. The instructions however are not very clear. There's no pictures of the cards saying what each part of them are, and it slowed down the learning process for us quite a bit.

My problem is that there are spaces on the board that aren't in the instructions. The taverns are only explained on the quick reference sheet, the sick dragon tile and the curry gardens aren't explained at all! Anyone know what they do? And why all the confusing rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSumOne wrote:
My problem is that there are spaces on the board that aren't in the instructions. The taverns are only explained on the quick reference sheet, the sick dragon tile and the curry gardens aren't explained at all! Anyone know what they do?

The taverns are briefly mentioned in the rules but only really explained on the quick reference sheet. As for the other two spaces, they're just normal spaces with no special rules, but there are fate cards that make use of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Boyd
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I think Ian has got this one covered, Thanks.

Enjoy the game Rossman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Barry
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please expand on how Taverns work if you roll an 8?
Does the rulebook section about Volunteering also apply in a Tavern, i.e. do you recruit a volunteer AND get a chance to recruit a second volunteer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Boyd
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David.

The rules on recruiting in a Tavern are covered on the PlayersGuide.

If you roll an 8 you get to "Draw the top card from any volunteer deck and add it to your hand. You automatically recruit this volunteer."

You get a free volunteer - you do not need to charm or bribe that volunteer, just select the top face down card from any of the three volunteer decks and add it to your hand. (you do not get to try & recruit a second volunteer)

I Hope this answer your question.

enjoy the game
Leonard Boyd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.