Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but my understanding is that you can only have one plane in the air at any time.

Some scenarios start with a plane marker on an airfield, which can be ordered normally by a section card (at which point it would be airborne), but that would not prevent you playing an air sortie card to bring a different aircraft into play, as long as the other plane marker is still grounded on the airfield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rakeman wrote:
The heading of the rules section implies that only airborne airplanes count towards the limits, but the actual text of the section implies otherwise. And, if you are allowed to bring a new airplane onto the field, can it be the same one as the one already on the air field?

I don't see where the actual text of the rules implies otherwise. It's clearly talking about airborne planes and the section about grounded planes repeats this (see page 6, 1st line: "The limit of one airborne Airplane for each side at any given time still applies, though!", emphasis mine).

Also the Official FAQ is quite clear about this.

Edit: Leaving a word (airborne) out is not 'implies otherwise' from a linguistic point of view. 'implies otherwise' would be if there is a line that tells you that grounded planes also count. You don't need to read more into a text than there is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, there would be no need for the cardboard airplane markers, if only one miniature (on either side) were allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rakeman wrote:
Okay, that was my initial suspicion. Thank you for the replies. So my second question was:

Lets say you bring a ME109 on the board and land it on an airfield. Then you draw an air sortie. Are you allowed to bring another ME109 onto the board (now that the first ME109 is no longer an "airborne airplane") and just use a placeholder to represent the landed ME109? Or would your only options be to order the existing ME109 or bring a Storch onto the board? I guess I'm just trying to figure out if you are technically limited by the number of plastic pieces or not, because this makes a big difference in some cases (for example, the Japanese have only 1 plane).

Great Dane wrote:
Also, there would be no need for the cardboard airplane markers, if only one miniature (on either side) were allowed.

Some scenarios start with the take-off markers on the board as "reserves" or something.

I have never landed a plane cos I would consider that a wasted action, but if you did I would have thought it became a generic chit to show that it is not airborne and could be eliminated by ground troops.

It is the one airborne plane that is the limiting factor rather then the number of plastic minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Planes have a clear detachable stand to show whether it is airborne or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Planes have a clear detachable stand to show whether it is airborne or not.

Yes, but that isn't the point, when a plane lands it doesn't prevent a plane of the same sort from entering play from offboard, so it's easier to replace it with a chit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
[q="Great Dane"]Planes have a clear detachable stand to show whether it is airborne or not.

Oh, I didn't think of that - as I have two sets of everything I have never been short of miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.