Popular Tags: [View All]
Alec
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed during a mission that the popular turn processor disagreed with the way we resolved the 13th turn of a mission last night.(http://homedrone.110mb.com/tusatp.html).

Basically it seemed like the processor didn't move threats on the final turn 13 before the ship jumped away. Have we been playing this wrong? Or has anyone else noticed this problem with the processor?

To test it(using the situation from our game), place the "Man-of-War" (Serious white external threat) onto the T6 Trajectory at time T+7. Using our manual resolution, it would cross the first Y marker on the final move(which would have killed us), but in the simulation, it didnt.

Summary: Using the manual resolution board, we always advance the threats on back-to back turns 12 and 13, but it appears the turn resolution program didn't do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Quirk
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on your description, it does appear that the Man-of-War should passed the Y portion. You are right about threats advancing back-to-back on turns 12 and 13.

I don't use the turn processor, so I can't say for sure what the issue may be. It may be that the processor doesn't handle turn 13 or it may be that the Man-of-War's speed was not increased when it hit the X marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dreger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right. It's a mistake. I just read the rules on the 13th turn again. shake

When I made the processor, I was under the assumption the 13th turn was just for turn 12 rockets to finish off something. But it's clear in the rules that the ship hasn't actually left yet, and the threats get one more round. My bad soblue

All the more need for an update.

Texjets281 wrote:
I noticed during a mission that the popular turn processor disagreed with the way we resolved the 13th turn of a mission last night.(http://homedrone.110mb.com/tusatp.html).

Basically it seemed like the processor didn't move threats on the final turn 13 before the ship jumped away. Have we been playing this wrong? Or has anyone else noticed this problem with the processor?

To test it(using the situation from our game), place the "Man-of-War" (Serious white external threat) onto the T6 Trajectory at time T+7. Using our manual resolution, it would cross the first Y marker on the final move(which would have killed us), but in the simulation, it didnt.

Summary: Using the manual resolution board, we always advance the threats on back-to back turns 12 and 13, but it appears the turn resolution program didn't do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, I'm new to the game and was more concerned whether we were playing correctly. We will just have to resolve the 13th turn manually(which comes into play in probably less than 10% of the games).

Thanks for the effort you've put into the processor, it's absolutely amazing and it's one of the coolest tools that adds so much to the game. The game is awesome and quickly climbing into my group's favorite spot, but it's the outside efforts like your Turn Processor and the popular Flash mission player and custom soundtracks that really bring the game to a whole new level.

Let me know if it ever gets around to being updated. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal -
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Your processor is amazing mate, if you ever get the time all I can do is beg you to update it for the expansion.

Great work on it, thank you so much for the effort you've put in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless, this is bloody fantastic.

Well done, Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.